241 power Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 241 power Question

Hello to all. I have a question about a couple of outboards I have. Would one ox66 250 power my 241 adequately? I have two but really would like to use one and keep one for spare.
    WILLIAM WEBER

Are you asking if you need twins or a single?. What is the hull rigged for now?
    Based on the limited examples I found and not knowing your model year, it seems to me that most folks have 300HP at least but your needs depend a lot on how you want to operate, and in what sea and weather conditions. That said, twin 150 four strokes weight a decent amount more than a single 2s 250 so it might be fine. For me the decision would be based on how the boat was rigged. If previously rigged with twins, install both motors. If previously rigged with a single, install one of the 250s and see how she handles.

Comment

Hello Myotherboat. Sorry it took so long to get back with you. As far as rigged I'll run the gamet form fully loaded to light. But mostly light. Someone once said on the HT that their mako 241 with twin 200 0x66's would plane on one motor. But I have heard plenty that twin 200's are the right motors for this hull. The boat is an open transom and I'm replacing the transom. If going to the Bahama's ill have both motors on. Someone once said "two old motors are better than" Thanks for your input. Bill
      WILLIAM WEBER

Comment

Working...
      X