1997 232 fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 232 fuel tank

Need to replace the fuel tank on my 232. Anyone know the dimensions of the tank? Going to be doing the job myself so if any of you have tips or suggestions to help me with the process they are greatly appreciate. Also considering reconfiguring the live well in the floor behind the leaning post while I've got the boat torn apart. Thinking about removing the top of it and making a clear top with compression latches unless someone has a better idea of how to go about it.

Thanks, LL
    Logan[br]Grand Isle, Louisiana[br]1997 Mako 232 \"penetrator\"

Order some B2000 from FGCI.com Drill some holes in the foam around the tank and pour it in. Leave it a week and then start removing the tank. The chemical causes the foam to loose its bond. I popped the tank easily and pulled it out by hand.
    Steven Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Comment

Prater, I searched through FGCI.com but couldn't find B2000. Is it a solvent?

Comment

It is a solvent. I will see if i can find a link.

Comment

https://fgci.com/item/139080/B-2000-...leaner-1Gl-Cn/

Comment

Will give it a try, thanks for your help!

Comment

After it set a week I used a 3 inch wide aluminum bar to slide down the sides of the tank. If i hit a spot that felt like it was still bonded i poured a little more solvent in and let it sit.

Comment

Will the B2000 effect the rest of the foam under the floor or will It only eat what it comes in contact with?

Comment

I cant really answer that. My Mako 25 tank was deeper than the foam for the floor. If the chemical pools in an area it will affect all that it is in contact with. It turned the foam into the consistancy of cornbread and I was able to just run my hand between the foam and stringers after the tank was out, the foam just fell off everything.

Comment

Working...
                  X