Mako 236 new pics added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 236 new pics added

Mako 236 the last time she was in the water.

[img][/img]

exhaust flapper replaced.

[img][/img]

holes filled

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Waiting for warmer weather so I can put non skid down. Also, Looking for opinions on boot stripe color and size and bottom paint color. I actually like the teal and will probably just freshen it up and leave the boot stripe off. Long term plan is to strip the bottom paint.

Hull painted with awlgrip matterhorn white.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

New tanks ready to go in!

Here is a pic of the rebuilt 260 with new pistons installed and totally rebuilt heads with some performance mods!

New seacock

[img][/img]

clean bilge

[img][/img]

Looks good! Have you thought about sanding the bottom paint off the bow down to the water line?
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Looks nice
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

Sailor, at some point, yes. For now to keep cost and labor down, will just freshen up the teal and either leave it or add a black or red 2" boot stripe.

Comment

FisherCat I am praying I am wrong but the picture of your Short Block shows the indentation on the piston pointing toward the rear I am believe they face forward. I hope something has changed but I worked many years ago in an automotive machine shop. I am way out of touch with the rebuild world but It would not hurt to ask someone elses opinion. If something has changed I would like to know for my own information. Again I hope I am incorrect. I have a lot of interest in your project I too have a 236 that I love.

Shark Bait formerly of Kent Island MD I think the former owner is a member here.

Please keep us updated !!! Looking beautiful !

Comment

With your new tanks what will your fuel capacity be?

Comment

Lookng great.

What year is the hull?
              ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

The hull is 1983 and was very solid.

The tanks are still 40 gallon each.

The piston notch faces to the rear in all RH rotation MIE engines because the crankshaft is spinning in the opposite direction.

Comment

Working...
                X