1992 191

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 191

I haven't owned my 191 for a week yet, and I am already planning projects! The list (I'm sure it will grow) of projects/modifications/needs is:

1.) Hydraulic Steering Install - it has a new cable helm, but steering in a turn to port under power is tough!

2.) Baitwell - this boat doesn't have a baitwell/livewell of any kind. I really need 40 gallons in order to be able to fish for kings in the summer.

3.) Wiring - the boat has two batteries, both starting batteries, and they are wired together in parallel to the original mako switch - no separation. The boat still has the original Mako battery switch which I plan to replace with the BEP 3-switch setup. I also want to replace all other wiring and switches so I can start adding more lighting and stereo.

4.) Since I am going to replace the steering and rewire, I really want to add on to the console to provide a "dashboard" to mount the sonar/GPS, gauges, and switches on so that I don't have to look as far down when underway.

The Boat:

Console:

Inside the console:

Nathan Floyd[br]1992 Mako 191[br]2006 Suzuki DF150

I resized the photos in imgur to 640 x 480 but they are still huge! What do I do?

Edit - I figured it out.

Comment

Can help with your wiring project. I've provided a number of CM members with their elecrical projects. Can provide Excel spreadsheet of electrical components, sub panel layout and wiring diagrams. Let me know at DMK one one six at comcast dot net.

Suggest removing all existing wiring, clean up console and repaint interior first. Electrical spreadsheet includes battery boxes, BEP cluster and Blueseas fuse panel. Look at Blueseas switch panels which have many options. Provide a list of all electrical devices wanted including number of bilge pumps, VHF, stereo, and light needs.
      Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by keyman

Can help with your wiring project. I've provided a number of CM members with their elecrical projects. Can provide Excel spreadsheet of electrical components, sub panel layout and wiring diagrams. Let me know at DMK one one six at comcast dot net.

Suggest removing all existing wiring, clean up console and repaint interior first. Electrical spreadsheet includes battery boxes, BEP cluster and Blueseas fuse panel. Look at Blueseas switch panels which have many options. Provide a list of all electrical devices wanted including number of bilge pumps, VHF, stereo, and light needs.

Thanks for the offer keyman. I plan to clean up the console interior and repaint before re-wiring. I think some or all of the black stuff in there is mold so I'm considering adding some vents to keep air flowing through there. I will send you my electrical info asap. What are your thoughts on circuit breakers vs. fuses for the devices that will be controlled by switches?

Comment

Working...
        X