New to me Mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me Mako

It's been awhile but while my wife and I were house shopping I ran across this boat. I knocked on the door asking if they wanted to sell and the lady said yes. The boat had not been used for 4 years due to her husband passing away. Looked over the boat and all that's really wrong is that's it's really dirty. All the seats and cushions are in the cabin in really nice condition along with a bunch of other things.

Plan is to 1st have it cleaned and waxed, have the engine serviced, empty the old gas, replace the canvas service the trailer and see how it runs. She also had the electronics that her husband had bought still in the box.

Now how to explain to the wife that we did not buy a hme but I bought the boat?

And I still have the Seacraft!!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
    20 Seacraft MA undergoing some work[br]

Nice Catch, My Mako looked about the same when i bought it. It was mostly tree pollen...
    Steven Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Comment

Wow dirty for sure! Man....smh

Post your Progress pics and clean up your pics so They left indent. You only want the info between the two IMGs. I think that will fix it

That a 250? Hard to tell
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

It's a 21 But I almost pulled the trigger on a 25'8 down in the keys.

Not used in 10 years engine was probably shot no trailer and needed more work equipment etc...

But what a beast of a boat

Comment

So I got the boat to the house . Started by cleaning the hull and interior ...what a pain in the ass. Going to hit the non skid areas with a pressure cleaner tomorrow. Installed 2 batteries and the engine turned over but it looks like the trim is in need of fluid . Emptied the cabin of everything. Interior is in good shape but one of the "bed" coushin is shot so I'll redo them all. Tomorrow I plan to get the trim fluid done and then get the engine started. And finish the cleaning.

Plan is to finish the cleaning address the trim and start the engine

More pics tomorrow

Comment

Nice catch. Pressure washer and clorox,then buff and wax. Should look great.Green windshield trim, that wasn't factory? or was it?

Comment

Working...
            X