1986 mako 254 rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 mako 254 rehab

I purchased the boat from a guy who had a similar idea as me, he had already trashed the cap and pulled all the foam. My plan is to replace all stringers and floor, put a flat deck that follows the lines of the boat, possibly cut a little more shape into the back and install a bracket with twin 300 verados on it [img]

Looks like your image didnt load correctly. Nice boats
    1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

I too just bought a 1986 Mako 254. I would love to share ideas and photos to compare. The PO took pretty good care of this one, but there are some things I am not sure of.

Ken Bowen

Cherryville, NC

[email protected]
      Ken

Comment

I too just bought a 1986 Mako 254. I would love to share ideas and photos to compare. The PO took pretty good care of this one, but there are some things I am not sure of.

Ken Bowen

Cherryville, NC

[email protected]
        Ken

Comment

Welcome to CM. Check out badfish's 251 as he did what you are describing. Not sure about twin 300's. A single 300 will get you to 50 mph on a good day.
          quote:

Originally posted by Jordanalfonso

I purchased the boat from a guy who had a similar idea as me, he had already trashed the cap and pulled all the foam. My plan is to replace all stringers and floor, put a flat deck that follows the lines of the boat, possibly cut a little more shape into the back and install a bracket with twin 300 verados on it [img]

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

If You put twin 300 Verados on lt You will get 75 mph easy! Id pay for a ride!

Comment

I've been on a 261 with twin 250 hp e-tecs and it does not need that much power. A 254 would be fine with twin 175s or a single 300-350.
              Texas[br]\'76 Mako 23- A work in progress[br]

Comment

Working...
              X