Classic Mako Windshield restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Mako Windshield restoration

Looking for a good point of contact with experience blasting off original brown paint, welding up screw holes, neutralizing corrosion and refinishing all existing window frame pieces. Also looking for the source to replace all window seals and molding. Thanks in advance for the leads.
    Eagle Rising[br]1985 228 Mako[br]2014 225HP Mercury Optimax[br]2014 Float-On Trailer

quote:

Originally posted by mako228

Looking for a good point of contact with experience blasting off original brown paint, welding up screw holes, neutralizing corrosion and refinishing all existing window frame pieces. Also looking for the source to replace all window seals and molding. Thanks in advance for the leads.

I removed mine and had it blasted, the guy said sand was too aggressive so he used walnut shells, I then had it powder coated. You can get the rubber parts from Ocean Dynamics.
    David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Triplecrownnc

I removed mine and had it blasted, the guy said sand was too aggressive so he used walnut shells, I then had it powder coated. You can get the rubber parts from Ocean Dynamics.

+1. I had mine blasted and they sanded down some of the pitted areas to smooth it out. Then powder coated in black. My 1992 had black paint on window rail. Did the same for the radio box under t-top but in white. Been perfect for years now. I got new seals as well, locally, for glass. It is an easy task with some patience.
      Luis V.[br]1992 Mako 221B & 2018 Evinrude E-Tec G2 250 HO

Comment

Anyone know where I can find a framed windshield that I can use on the console of a 82 235

Comment

Working...
        X