1986 20c fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 20c fuel tank

Just purchased a 1986 20c and need to find a new fuel tank.
    Christian Logan

Route I went with my 20b which should be the same size was to pull first and get it to a local welder. I think you're in St Pete. Maybe someone local can chime in with some recs?
    [br]\'82 Mako 20B http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59077

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Peebz

Just purchased a 1986 20c and need to find a new fuel tank. Where can I find a new one?

Christian Logan

Comment

Take it to a welder to see if it's repairable? I have a welder a few shops down from me I'll pull the tank and take it there
        Christian Logan

Comment

Jist found out there is no tank so I guess I need to locate one. Anyone know where i can find one?
          Christian Logan

Comment

Lol hope you found that out before filling it!

Sunshine marine tanks in Miami seemed to have dimensions on hand without a sample but were asking a bit more than my local guy. Seems like great piece of mind though how many tanks for makos they do.

The top of my tank was 25" w x 65" l.

Front height was 9 1/4", back height was 7 1/8".

Bottom was parallel to the top the first 33" and then sloped up for the next 32".

Take measurements at your own risk. Maybe take the boat to the welder and start with those numbers.
            [br]\'82 Mako 20B http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59077

Comment

I just had a tank made by sunshine marine tanks in Miami for my 86 20c. Cost was $968 with coal tar epoxy. Kinda pricey but man is that tank pretty. The shop drawing is in my post here in the project forum or I can email it to you if you prefer. There is one adjustment to drawing, mounting tabs should be 1.75 and not 2.125 as shown on drawing. Make sure you measure your coffin and compare with drawing before having built.
              Chris[br]Fort Myers,Fl[br]1986 Mako 20C[br]2003 Yamaha 150

Comment

I still have the old tank out of my 20 same year as yours. If there's something I can help with shoot me an email.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X