Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesse Lee ... Take you fishing for free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse Lee ... Take you fishing for free.

1970 nineteen.

I ran this boat up on the Chesapeake back when I was single, looong before the Hoggercap. I was planning on a full restoration with my son when he was old enough, and that time is now.

But, it's a long, hard project, as we all know too well. We want something that the wife and kid can handle and pull with the Honda Pilot. Since she is coaching rowing at the High School and ***** likes to hang out at the boathouse, I'm going to get him something to tool around on while Mom coaches. 13 Whaler comes to mind

Soooooo I'm giving the Jesse Lee away. To a member of Classic Mako. The only stipulation is to post up the rebuilding project.

She needs a COMPLETE resto - stringer, deck, fuel, transom, etc. Trailer needs greasing and tires but is structurally OK. Last time on the road 2010, Destin to Vero Beach - 500 miles.

Who wants her?

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
    Vero Beach, Florida[br]1970 Mako 19[br]1991 Mako 230

Little help with pics using imgur, please []

BTW my sons name is a-n-g-u-s, not *****

Comment

1.Create an account

2. Click my pictures

3. Add pictures

4. Drop and drag from your computer

[img][/img][img][/img]

5. Once the images upload click the one you want to post

6. In the right screen choose EXTRA LARGE THUMBNAIL for BB POSTING

7.Copy that path ( ctl C, IBM or Command C MAC)

[img][/img]

8. Insert an IMG tag in the mako posting screen by clicking the picture image next to the mail icon

9. Paste the link you copied in between the [IMG]pastelinkhere[IMG]( ctl V, IBM or Command V MAC)
      quote:

Originally posted by Hoggercap

Little help with pics using imgur, please []

BTW my sons name is a-n-g-u-s, not *****

1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Comment

Anybody want her?? Free. Trailer goes with it.

M191023 is the hull # for this legendary vessel. I've had her since the mid 80's, she's only 48 years old and someone needs to make her great again.[8D]

[img][/img]

We've got some stories to tell, me and the old girl, from the top of the Chesapeake to the bottom of Florida. We've been out of every inlet between Lewes DE and Teach's Lair, NC. I'll miss her, but she's got to go.

New boat owner. Got her in a barter for some dock work from a guy on Kent Island.

[img][/img]

Home course was the Chester River

[img][/img]

In the 80's there was a moratorium on Rockfish. When they lifted it, it was game on.

[img][/img]

Brown Dog liked it.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Oregon Inlet bridge in the background. (That inlet kicked our ass.)

[img][/img]

Nights in Rodanthe

[img][/img]

Don't forget about fishing the gulf on Mexico, back in time for lunch at the Hairy Snapper, Destin.

[img][/img]

That was one of her last fishing trips, circa 2003.

What a long strange trip it's been.

Comment

What is the beam?

My wife would murder me in my sleep, but the price is right-ish.
          \'07 Mako 19 bay, sold[br]\'76 Mako 21, sold[br]\'77 Mako 21, dump[br]\'77 Mako 22, sold[br]\'80 Mako 23 WA, sold[br]\'82 Mako 21, sold[br]\'85 Mako 254 currently[br]\'78 J24 USA 292 (sold)[br]\'05 Melges 32 racing sailboat

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by thejeepguy87

What is the beam?

My wife would murder me in my sleep, but the price is right-ish.

8'

Comment

hey Hogger where is the boat located? Id definitely be interested?

Comment

Vero Beach, FL

Comment

If you weren't so far away, I would say I'd like to have it.

I sold my 1972 Mako 19 and bought a Mako 20. I like the Mako 20 but miss my 19.

I like the recessed rod boxes in the gunnnels of your boat - something my 19' didn't have. Was that something you added or did it come to you that way?
                  1964 Skeeter 16\' bass boat with 1971 Johnson 6Hp[br]1973 Mako 20 with Evinrude 140[br]1975 Wellcraft V17 with Johnson 85[br]1977 Wellcraft V20 Center Console with Evinrude 150[br]1981 Wellcraft V20 Steplift with Evinrude 115[br] [br]1972 17\' Mako Standard - SOLD [br]1972 17\' Mako Angler - SOLD[br]1972 19\' Mako with Johnson 115 - SOLD[br]1982 Wellcraft 180 Fisherman with Johnson 115 - SOLD[br]Always looking for the next one![br]Allen, TX.

Comment

Option 1. Someone takes her and makes her great again.

Option 2. Boat Angel.

Option 3. Tow her to the landfill. Couple shots of whisky and a prayer while I watch the dozer crush her up. You know, "dust to dust" "circle of life" kinda thing. Fix the trailer and sell it for a couple of hundred.

Comment

Seems terrible to let her go away.......Do you have a title for BOAT??? I live in Ohio and this could create a longgg project for me and my son. Are the tires on the trailer in good enough shape to make Ohio?
                      1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Comment

I've always wanted one of those. Its one of the hulls I'd consider downsizing to. Lots of potential in the 19 hull. Could make someone one hell of a bay boat.

Comment

A pressure washer with some bleach and that old girl would clean up nice.
                          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                          1985 Mako 20c - sold
                          Fort Walton Beach, FL
                          http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by rustyolddad

Seems terrible to let her go away.......Do you have a title for BOAT??? I live in Ohio and this could create a longgg project for me and my son. Are the tires on the trailer in good enough shape to make Ohio?

Clean title for boat and trailer.

1989 Loadrite, single axle, no brakes. Rebuilt with new axle, crossmembers, springs, hubs etc in 2003. Last on the road, a 500 mile tow from Destin to Vero in 2010. She's sat ever since.

So no, it needs tires and lights to go to Ohio. You'll have access to power and air - hell - I'll even do the manual labor for you.

Whoever comes and gets my free boat gets a free fishing trip on the Hoggercap [8D] Full disclosure: I'm an exceptionally average fisherman.

Comment

my son, Michael is interested and would drive down from Indiana to pick her up. We restored a 261 together. His contact is three one seven six six four one seven eight zero.
                              Indianapolis, Indiana[br]Bonita Springs, Florida

Comment

Working...
                              X