Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new console

https://www.boatdepot.com/p-7659/fib...-48-in-sealine

Has anyone put a console like this in a 81 20? The current console just takes up way too much area. I'm redoing the deck, and all below it, so I can move the rigging tubes to where they'd be under the console. I just would like to see one in an older mako to make sure it doesn't look horrible.
    1981 Mako 20[br]Georgetown, SC

If you don't get pics of others, you could mock up a console. Maybe use cardboard box material or a frame covered with cloth or wrapping paper.
    Ole Joe
    Just floundering around
    White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
    1978 Mako 25

Comment

Not sure about that console in the link you posted.. I'm in the process of redoing my 1978 21 and bought a used Contender console and cut it down since it was pretty wide. I chose a Contender/SeeVee style console so I could flush mount 2 chart plotters and everything else.
      1978 Mako 21[br]Schneider [br]Butler, PA

Comment

That console looks pretty ugly.

Comment

I'm not dead set on that one, I just want something taller and narrower than the monster console that is currently in the boat.
          1981 Mako 20[br]Georgetown, SC

Comment

Check out Steinhatchee Boat Works. I replaced an original Mako 22 console with their con-1. Had more room to walk around and had cooler and rod holders built in. Sold boat but looked much better.

Comment

Working...
            X