'82 Mako 235 rub rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '82 Mako 235 rub rail

Can anyone help me out with the measurements for the rub rail? I don't know if the height of the rubrail is 1 3/4 or 1 1/16. Threw away the old one when I started the project. Thanks.

Can someone with an early 80s Mako around 20 and up measure their rub rail. Need specifically thto height (1 1/2 , 1 1/16 etc.). Thanks.

Comment

66 views and no one can do a fellow Mako owner and forum member a favor to provide the measurements of their current Rub rail. Wow, this forum has changed.

Comment

I have a 1978 Mako 21. I can take a pic tomorrow and measure. Not sure if they are the same.
        Brian, Cary, NC
        1978 Mako 21

Comment

My rubrail looks like this

Brian, Cary, NC
          1978 Mako 21

Comment

I can't help you out on early 80's mako but I'm wondering if you can put a tape measure to the cap where rub rail goes and get a measurement that way. I'm sure the old rub rail left some kind of marking where it started and ended.
            1977 mako 23

Comment

Guys, thanks for the replies.

My old rail looked like that as well.

I attempted to measure the impression left but it is hard to make out as I have already sanded that down prepping for paint. What I could get was 1 3/4 in but I cannot find any replacement rub rails that size.

Comment

I believe www.hamiltonmarine.com has many rubrails...check it out.
                ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

OEM I think.

https://www.integrity*rp.com/flexibl...l-with-inserts
                  Gailhunter[br]1996 231 2011yamaha f225xca offshore[br]

Comment

Yes, contact Mark at Integrity Marine. They are great to work with!!

id="Times New Roman">
                    id="size4">
                    Charles-Pearland,TX
                    Sea Reel- 1977 Mako 25 SOLD
                    Phe Phe's 17- 1978 Mako 17 Standard-in TX

Comment

Mine measures 1.5". Off a 1984 254.

84\' Mako 254- Logan\'s Run (Twin Yamaha 150 HPDIs)[br]Columbus, GA (for now...)[br]Tigerfish caught in Zimbabwe, Africa[br]Current Project- Mako 254 http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59250[br] [br]

Comment

Ok so it look like its either 1 1/2 or 1 5/8. Thanks guys.

Comment

If you're going to replace it, go with some white trim with stainless inserts. It really wasn't that much more expensive but makes a huge impact visually.

Comment

Can some of you all provide any sites to look up rub rails. I tried the ones provided but this one https://www.integrity*rp.com/flexibl...l-with-inserts didn't work.

Comment

www.integritymarine.com
                              Gailhunter[br]1996 231 2011yamaha f225xca offshore[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X