Marinium polishing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marinium polishing ?

Anyone using anything special to bring their marinium back to life ?
    1994 Mako 201 Evinrude G2 150HO

I've had good results with Flitz polish. Tape off the surrounding area and apply to surface with brissel brush, allow to dry and buff off with ortibal buffer. Apply good marine wax for protection.
    Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by keyman

I've had good results with Flitz polish. Tape off the surrounding area and apply to surface with brissel brush, allow to dry and buff off with ortibal buffer. Apply good marine wax for protection.

I remember using flitz during my yachty days . Good product the result was great . I think I developed carpal tunnel from the stuff.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by CReelSr

quote:

Originally posted by CReelSr

I used Dico buffing compounds with a buffing wheel on a bench grinder. Does wonders for metals. I also polished the cleats and chocks. Here is a link to consult: http://www.sculpt.com/technotes/buffingtips.htm

id="Times New Roman">
        id="size4">

Bow light polished and interior re-worked to be re-mounted

id="Times New Roman">id="size4">

Rod holders before and after
        id="Times New Roman">
        id="size4">

Charles-Pearland,TX
        Sea Reel- 1977 Mako 25 SOLD
        Phe Phe's 17- 1978 Mako 17 Standard-in TX

Comment

I agree that if you can remove the piece that a bench buffing wheel has good results. I buffed the Mako courtsey lights prior to following TC procedure replacing the incandescent lights with Hella LEDs. Again if you tape off the piece if you can not remove it that will prevent getting the black residue on the gelcoat. Haven't been able to post pictures from Photobucket account and havent tried Imgur.com yet.
          Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by CReelSr

I used Dico buffing compounds with a buffing wheel on a bench grinder. Does wonders for metals. I also polished the cleats and chocks. Here is a link to consult: http://www.sculpt.com/technotes/buffingtips.htm

id="Times New Roman">
            id="size4">

Bow light polished and interior re-worked to be re-mounted

id="Times New Roman">id="size4">

Wow they look great . Ill try your method with a buffing wheel on a drill.

Comment

Working...
            X