Foam and gas tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam and gas tank?

I have a 23 project Im working on and was wondering if anyone has used the moeller plastic tanks instead of an aluminum....I see they offer a 70+ gallon tank and was wondering if this is a better way to go with the ethanol in gas these days?

My foam question was for foam under the deck instead of using the typical foam for floatation would closed cell spray foam (house insulation) be a good alternative?
    73 mako 20[br]73 mako 23 project

I just went through this decision for a tank. I installed a new aluminum tank Instead of aluminum. I did not like how with the Moeller tank you need to have space all the way around it and need to figure out how to deal with gas fumes, since the tank is permeable. Not sure about house foam, but I've used house foam for filling holes but mostly use pour foam if possible.
    1978 Mako 21[br]Schneider [br]Butler, PA

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by 73 mako

I have a 23 project Im working on and was wondering if anyone has used the moeller plastic tanks instead of an aluminum....I see they offer a 70+ gallon tank and was wondering if this is a better way to go with the ethanol in gas these days?

My foam question was for foam under the deck instead of using the typical foam for floatation would closed cell spray foam (house insulation) be a good alternative?

Q1, no. ethanol and aluminum tanks are not an issue, older fuel lines were not stable with ethanol. Plastic tanks are ok for small applications but I would not use one for a 70 gal application.

Q2. Do not use spray foam. I used 4# foam from US Composites.
      David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

Working...
      X