1988 17 ft Mako Flats Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 17 ft Mako Flats Boat

I am looking to buy a 1988 17ft Flats Boat. Going to look at it. It has a Yamaha 130 on it, says it runs. What do I look for? he is asking $5500 which seems expensive. Pictures look it fair shape. Any help on where the major problem areas could be on this boat.

I am new on Forum. Thank You for help.
    jorge bravo

Walk around the boat and check for soft spots, if its the angler version in the back by the splash well there is a rectangle shaped hatch, open that and look at the bilge and make sure the stringers look solid. I would also look at the transom, check if there is any signs of flex... stress cracks ect.
    [br]1985 17\' Angler 130 Yamaha[br]Miami, FL

Comment

You may not be able to see up in the bilge far enough to see where the stringers usually break. There are large round drain holes in the stringers. This is the area to be looking. Use your phone and flash to take a picture and inspect.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Matt1340

Walk around the boat and check for soft spots, if its the angler version in the back by the splash well there is a rectangle shaped hatch, open that and look at the bilge and make sure the stringers look solid. I would also look at the transom, check if there is any signs of flex... stress cracks ect.

Thank You for Info. Really Appreciate it

jorge bravo

Comment

Just saw the boat. Needed a lot of Cosmetic Work, and it had a 1989 Yamaha 130.

Offer the guy $3500. He would not take less than $4600. With amount of work $3500 seemed fair.

Any comments? Loved the Hull.

Thank You
          jorge bravo

Comment

If the work was really cosmetic, hell probably get the $4500. But you can always wait a couple weeks then go back to him. All boat prices are up lately but this time of year its slower and maybe hell take your offer a little while down the road.
            Sold the 17\', moved to FL... I need a new handle.[br]1991 Jupiter 31, current project[br]2005 Everglades 243, sold[br]2012 Contender 23 Open sold[br]1989 Intrepid 246 WA--gone to Australia[br]1973 Mako 17--sold with regrets[br]1992 Mako 17--started it all[br]Pompano, FL

Comment

Working...
            X