Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1974 Mako 22 CC with twin setup

Evening all,

Picked this guy up in the lower keys. Boat had one owner since 1977. I should have taken a pic of the title before transfering it to my name... man what a funky piece of paper.

Boat seems to be original so I plan to start working on the basics right after we finish the 20. Wife was pissed when I tried explaining that:

One boat will be used for fishing while the other will be made just to look pretty in the sandbar. LOL. So now I have to decide between the 20 or the 22.

Didn't go so well... but at least the dog is enjoying some company at night. Here are some pictures... I will likely be asking for some advice soon (gas tank is up first).

Thanks to everyone for all the posts... they have become my nightly reading material.

Mako 22 by Rodolfo Martin

Mako 22 by Rodolfo Martin, on Flickr

Rudy M

Looks like a great project.

You found the right forum, these guys are very knowledgeable and helpful. I am lucky that I have not yet had to do any major surgery on my 1990 231. But I did fix a pretty good crack in my deck back in 2014 with the help and guidance of the guys here on the forum.

[8D]
    1990 Mako 231[br]1989 Luhrs T320[br]1973 Egg Harbor 30\' Sedan Fisherman[br]1953 Chris Craft Rocket 17 (Dad\'s Boat)[br]

Comment

Hey Mymako231,

Yea, this site is great... it has become my new night time reading material. LOL

Today I worked a little more on the 22. It was cutting and gutting (and some cleaning) day. I was able to disassemble the console and remove stearing, gas, shift, electronics and other misc components. Overall the console is in good shape. Next stem is strip it completely clean and seal it up to get new holes to size.

After removing the gas tank hatch the tank seems like it was already replaced at some point, however whomever did it skimped on A LOT of things, so I am going to be pulling it back up. So far my idea is to have a custom tank made... something that gives me a little more range and peace of mind when out there. I figure 80-100 gals should be good.

PS: Last picture is of the chairs that came with the boat... guy said these were the original chairs when they bought the boat in 78... could it be? LOL. Does anyone know. I am undecided of whether I should leave them or get a post.
      Rudy M

Comment

Working...
      X