231 waterline height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 231 waterline height?

getting set up to lay the deck down in my project, and want some reality check for the height before I make it permanent.

Can any 231/232 or similar (221/224) owners give me a measurement from the chine (at transom) up to the waterline? Ultimately I will have a flotation bracket, so I'd take a measurement from a stock or bracketed boat.

thanks for any help!

Are you going with factory floor height? I can measure from gunnel down to center line and sides, floor slightly higher in center for drainage. I am bracketed leveled floor to transom in back when enclosed transom.
    John, [br]Sanford Fl[br]1987 231 Mako[br]2019 277 cobia[br]1995 17 Maverick[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by 231

Are you going with factory floor height? I can measure from gunnel down to center line and sides, floor slightly higher in center for drainage. I am bracketed leveled floor to transom in back when enclosed transom.

well that's the question... my deck height is the variable. (well, it will be mostly set by the stringer height but want to make sure it's reasonable. I can add spacers/cleats to raise it more if required.)

Right now I think the top of the deck should fall right about at factory height, but I want to make sure my scuppers stay above the water line, so an inch either way can make a big difference. I know it's going to be close but if I raise the deck much the cockpit depth starts to get uncomfortably low. (right now I'm expecting about 22" which is a few inches shorter than what I'm used to, and about the bare minimum I want. I'm pretty tall so that hits me right about at the knee)

I think this may just end up being a bit of a gamble no matter what. I would still be interested to get your numbers though. What would really be gold is how far up from the chine the water comes on the outside of the hull. If I have that, I at least have a real reference point to work from. I'll take whatever I can get though!

also, any rough idea how much draft changes between light and fully loaded with these boats? My rough math says 550 lb = 1 inch immersion.

Comment

Thanks to Irma all local ramps closed due to flooding will be a while

before i launch. I am running 250 zuke with twin engine bracket for extra flotation. Boat at rest with full load water level about 1" below shower drains after I leveled floor at transom think I poster pictures early on in your build but photobucket ruined that. If you want send me you # to 407-416-2022 I send you pictures of boat at rest in water of my build.
        John, [br]Sanford Fl[br]1987 231 Mako[br]2019 277 cobia[br]1995 17 Maverick[br]

Comment

thanks 231, I'll shoot you a text.

This is how I think it should work out, but that's solely based on water line from remnants of bottom paint, scum line,and some estimating. Also assumes I can balance motor/bracket/boat to keep it floating relatively level.

it would be a PITA to change deck height at this point, but it's really my last chance to change it at all so just wanted a sanity check.

Comment

Working...
          X