Deck replacement-1973 19'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck replacement-1973 19'

I cut out the deck and wet foam. Looking for suggestions on new stringer support system for new deck

There are a lot of builds here where this has been done. New stringers to deck height, bulkheads for stiffness without foam and a deck. I'm doing a 17' this way now.

Comment

Thanks Dave. I will try to post a picture of where I am

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Both of my stringers had breaks in them toward the rear. Looks like your starboard may be the same and I had a good bit of delamination as well. What are you doing with the transom?

Comment

I will be putting new stringers in. I will leave the transom until I reporter - hopefully at least a year down the road and will approach from the outside. What do you think about foam stringers with glass.

Comment

I used divinycell for mine. I don't have any experience using urethane foam but I was told it sucks up a lot of resin. There are so many materials out there that it can be overwhelming.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by 1973ExtremeMakover

I will be putting new stringers in. I will leave the transom until I reporter - hopefully at least a year down the road and will approach from the outside. What do you think about foam stringers with glass.

You already have the back opened up - do it now from the inside - it will be MUCH, MUCH easier. Do it right once. I did mine from the outside and looking back I wish I would have just gone from the inside. Less fairing and I could have made the interior changes I always wanted to do. You have the floor out so there isn't a more perfect time then now - trust me.
                        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                        1985 Mako 20c - sold
                        Fort Walton Beach, FL
                        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

I have to agree with Sailor on this one. It's going to be a lot easier to do it now.

Comment

Working...
                          X