So it begins…’94 211 Transom Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it begins…’94 211 Transom Replacement

I have not been very active on the site for several years but I’m going to be around much more frequently! After 17 years of enjoying our 211 the transom Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	555082 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	555081 has given up the ghost. In the photos you can see the crack in the outer skin right at the mounting bracket. I’m going to do the Arjay pourable as so many other have done. I followed Dave Mackey’s rebuild when he did it and will be following his lead.
    I had some time this afternoon to start stripping things and got most done. Will most likely pull the motor next week.
    Spray
    Last edited by Spray; 01-14-2022, 06:36 PM.
    Scott[br]1994 Mako 211 95 Merc 200[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]

I’ll be following in your footsteps buddy!!! I gotta do mine.

Comment

Nice!! What materials will you be useing?

Comment

I’m hoping to close the transom in with Coosa but have been thinking about doing a pourable.

Comment

I’m going to use Arjay and pour the transom. All glass work will be poly. Once this crappy weather moves though i’ll be moving forward!
          Scott[br]1994 Mako 211 95 Merc 200[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]

Comment

Fingers crossed for you!!

Comment

I've got 12 years on my Arjay transom. Let me know if you have any questions.

Will you be raising the transom too like Mackey did?
              mrdelgado
              Last edited by mrdelgado; 01-21-2022, 07:58 AM.

https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...-top-and-floor

Comment

• Spray
                Spray
                Spray commented
                Editing a comment
                Yours is also one of the projects i have watched in the past as well! I am not going to go with the full transom like Dave did. I’ve never had issues with water coming over the transom. We use this boat for diving and fishing. I’ve had 14 scubatanks, seven divers, and their seven sets of gear in it for the opening of lobster season and still no water coming in. That’s also with a full 110 gallon fuel tank. This boat has been great for us and is the perfect size for us. Easy to take to the keys and still big enough to run to Bimini and back without having to buy fuel over there when the seas are flat.
                Spray
                Last edited by Spray; 01-23-2022, 09:05 AM. Reason: Typos!

Did you skin the transom or did you use a chainsaw to remove the core? Did you have any flex in the outer skin when you poured?

Comment

Originally posted by Fffred View Post
                Did you skin the transom or did you use a chainsaw to remove the core? Did you have any flex in the outer skin when you poured?
                Take a look at my thread, page 13 i start the transom. I removed the skin, added 6" and splash guards. I even hollowed out my stringers so the Nida/Arjay would flow in and tie the stringer and transom core together.

https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...d-floor/page13

https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...-top-and-floor

Comment

Awesome thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                  X