Recent storm damage -Mako 261

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent storm damage -Mako 261

Damage from recent storm to my beautiful Mako 261. Anyone have thoughts on repairing her? Would like to save her but the repairs are way beyond my skills.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    1988 Mako 261[br]Annapolis,Maryland[br]

It can all be fixed, but it's a lot of work. They are great boats, but a complete remodel does get expensive. If the bottom of the hull and the deck are in good shape, and you don't have to do anything below deck might not be too bad. The missing stern hatch covers would be a pain to reproduce.

I finished mine last year after 2 years of working on it.

https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...90-261-remodel

Comment

Thanks! Yes the hull and deck are in good shape. Any recommendations who could do this work? I'm in Maryland but could go out of state.

Comment

I see your signature references Annapolis. I have been fortunate to not need repairs of this magnitude so I don't have personal experience with them, but my neighbor has had extensive remodels on two boats (much larger cruisers) done at Holiday Point Marina in Edgewater. Again, not my experience just what I have heard from a neighbor.

Comment

What are you willing to sell the hull for?

Comment

Thanks for the information marklar! LightEmUp I would be open to offers.

Comment

Just went over the boat. Hull and deck are completely intact. Would take best offer from anyone interested in the project.

Comment

From looking at the color, I would guess the boat has been painted, is that correct?

Comment

Yes painted.

Comment

What are you willing to spend on this boat? I can manage the project but would charge a markup of 15 percent of what everything cost to restore the boat. You’d have to fund the project and bring it to Miami . Great hull but there’s a lot of work there I wouldn’t offer more then 500 dollars to buy the hull.

Comment

Might try Rob @ Raybo Marine. He's certianlly closer to you than Miami, and is a contributor/sponsor on this forum... Triple Crown was redone there if you want an idea of the quality of workmanship...

Good luck with your decision... heartbreaking for sure when they get damaged by storms...
                      Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

Check with Spring Cove Marina on Solomon's Island...

https://www.springcovemarina.com/

Had work done there in the past, would go there again.
                        1992 211 w/175 OptiMax
                        Glen Campbell, Pa.

Comment

Thanks all for the information. Unfortunately too costly to repair therefore will be turning her over to the insurance company.Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                          X