Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S4cruiser View Post

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...g51gKbo5DYsdrk

These require a little massaging (e.g. dremel work around the edge so the mounting screws fit). I can get pics of this if needed.
    Awesome thanks! I ordered some - we'll see how it turns out. Do you have your own blasting cabinet? Any interest in blasting a few more fixtures for some $$?
    1996 Mako 232[br]Essex MA

Comment

Originally posted by sbeausol View Post

Awesome thanks! I ordered some - we'll see how it turns out. Do you have your own blasting cabinet? Any interest in blasting a few more fixtures for some $$?
      Yeah I have my own cabinet, picked up a used Skat cabinet a few years ago and it was the BEST money I’ve every spent for rebuilding / restoring things. I wouldn’t be opposed to blasting another set, it’s pretty cathartic work - instant gratification. Shoot me a text or PM. 91zero twozero0736five.

Comment

Hello S4cruiser,

For your large scupper covers, Give Mike Kagno a call at HS White corp in Pompano Beach Fl.. Phone: 954-785-6760 Fax: 954-785-8247 or [email protected]

He has my pattern and will be able to help you My Flaps were large, like 5.5 inch diameter, but I know he made for others with smaller Diameter. Tell him you were referred by another Mako owner in PA.

He will be happy to assist.

Good luck!
        Thanks, Mr. Happy
        Home waters - LBI NJ
        1997 Mako 232

Comment

Not to hijack the thread at all, would you mind posting a picture of the large scuppers you had made? I may incorporate that on to my transom rebuild shortly.

Comment

Here are pictures of my scupper covers. Made by HS White. My scuppers are original installed by Mako, the covers replaced.
            Thanks, Mr. Happy
            Home waters - LBI NJ
            1997 Mako 232

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Happy View Post
              Here are pictures of my scupper covers. Made by HS White. My scuppers are original installed by Mako, the covers replaced.
              Did you replace the mounting rings? Mine were pretty corroded but could be reused if there aren’t any easily available replacements. My buddy has a lathe so I could reproduce as a last resort.

Comment

Haven’t done a whole lot on this recently as it’s been super hot, took a couple long weekend vaca’s and got sidetracked with a Landcruiser project (shop has AC)…but did fetch a bunch of parts from the powder coated today. T-top, leaning post, leaning post ‘bucket’, rocket launcher rod holders and t-top rod holders all blasted, etched, primed and powder coated for $700. Pretty decent but not perfect. Works for me.

Planning on doing some transom hole filling later this weekend (from old transducers that had been filled with 4200).

Comment

Found time to fill PO transducer holes on the transom. These were filled with 4200/5200 which got drilled out then dried (even tho no water came out) before epoxy work. I’m a fiberglass rookie having only done surfboard repair when younger and hole / crack filling in wood furniture.

Comment

Rewired trailer today with all new sealed LEDs, duplex / triplex marine wire (all homeruns) and new junction box. Plan to add all new brakes this weekend if UPS delivers…new surge coupler, new hydraulic lines, new Kodiak disc brakes, chains and drop foot trailer tongue jack. Should be gtg for a few years!

Comment

Worked this morning removing both cockpit scuppers and the swing valve starboard side (the swing piece was gone) for replacements. At one point I wasn’t so sure the valve would come off the thru hull…but a little thinking (to hold the thru hull from spinning) and a huge pipe weren’t with a cheater bar finally got it to release.

Scuppers are loosely installed until it find some new hose and some 4200 to bed them. I did have to cut ~1.25” off the threaded end of the scuppers for them to slide in.

Comment

Also got the window frame weather stripping delivered on Friday. 20’ of v452 from Ocean Dynamics. It’s a perfect match. Ordered some neoprene foam tape from Amazon for the windows as well. Might work of getting them all installed later this week.

New is on the left, old on the right.

Neoprene foam tape that is a match for what was on the window frames.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Looking good, more productive than I have been.
                          Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian. -Henry Ford[br]1988 Mako 261 \"Stroken\" Project Thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26203[br]1992 Mako221B project thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48747[br]1992 Mako 261B \"Reel Impressive\" project thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56286[br]

Comment

Originally posted by S4cruiser View Post
                            Also got the window frame weather stripping delivered on Friday. 20’ of v452 from Ocean Dynamics. It’s a perfect match. Ordered some neoprene foam tape from Amazon for the windows as well. Might work of getting them all installed later this week.

New is on the left, old on the right.

Neoprene foam tape that is a match for what was on the window frames.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                            send some close ups of the frame when you get everything installed, I'd like to see the finished product!

Comment

Originally posted by Picknasty View Post

send some close ups of the frame when you get everything installed, I'd like to see the finished product!
                              will do!

Comment

Worked on a template for a new dash. I’m leaning towards the layout with two (2) 9” displays vs the 12” choices…but am keen to hear what others would choose.

Also not set on if I build the panel myself out of 1/2” acrylic or have NewWireMarine do it out of 1/2” LuxMatte. They quoted ~$1400 for the panel cut plus 14 Contura switches jumper wired, backlit logo and some other plugs like usb and cig plug.

Comment

Working...
                                X