Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1976 17' cc trolling motor battery or batteries in bow storage installation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 17' cc trolling motor battery or batteries in bow storage installation question

Good afternoon CM. Years back, I installed a Stryker T-top on my Mako. As I have "matured" , I have found that I use my boat for fishing much more than pleasure cruising with my family. So, I am going to take off the T-top and the bow rail to open the boat up more. I have read on the CM forum about trolling motors and 12volt and 24 volt and thrust, et. I would like to path the battery or batteries under the bow deck.

I have read on CM where people have done this and created a shelf to put the batteries on/in. On the 17' the storage area under bow deck slopes with hull of the boat. So, I am trying to figure out how to put batteries in that storage area, how to keep the level and how to secure the batteries to the bracket and bracket to the deck and sides.

Does anyone have some ideas to share? Can anyone share some bow-battery storage photos of their boat for ideas.

Thank you for any assistance.
    Drew
    Blackhawk[br]Apalachicola, FL

1988 Mako 17 Angler 2019 Suzuki DF140[br]1972 Mako 17 Standard 115 Yamaha-Sold[br]

Comment

Megaops,
      Thank you for the photo. In the bottom left of your photo, I see the batteries. How did you install them in the bow storage area? Have a photo of the batteries?
      Thank you

Comment

Megalops,
        I just noted the text note with the photo. Thank you for providing this information.
        Drew

Comment

Working...
        X