No announcement yet.

"Free" boat, 19ft mako tear down and rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck yeah. Widen to fit your console then sandblast it. Clean it. Either prime and paint it, or haven spray truck bed liner on it. Can’t beat free 50 free.
    BadMako.[br]

Comment

Could someone please tell me the measurements from casting platform to the front of center console? May have forgot to measure before gutting or lost the measurement thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Crodia05 View Post
        Could someone please tell me the measurements from casting platform to the front of center console? May have forgot to measure before gutting or lost the measurement thanks
        Cee....seek and you shall find.

My factory center console base dimension was = 48"[L] x 44[W].... It was set back 14" on center from the step.

A pic for good measure

I hope this helps pal.

Eric
        A wise man once said, "Son... if it has tits, tires or a transom... sooner or later it's gonna give you problems." -the old man

1972 Classic Mako 19
        https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...t-squot-ole-19

Comment

Originally posted by PoleLock View Post

Cee....seek and you shall find.

My factory center console base dimension was = 48"[L] x 44[W].... It was set back 14" on center from the step.

A pic for good measure

I hope this helps pal.

Eric
          Thanks Eric, thought I remembered that number haha, someone else told me 22inches his was a late 70's mako maybe the console was moved on his or the later models they were set further back

Comment

AWESOME! you have given me inspiration to get my 1972 19 transom rebuilt!
            Your pictures are invaluable as Ive been debating from the outside or inside (inside more work but I dont like those little storage boxes would prefer room for removable coolers in corners) But Ive never done this kind of work so just been putting it off. Im cutting this weekend! How are you planning to reattach the stringers to the transom?

Comment

Working...
            X