Clear All

• Shakes_26
    replied
    Get out of my head....

Leave a comment:

• Snooking
    replied
    Shakes
    Its 6"deep at the top and 3" deep 12" down. That would leave about 6-7" for toe space.
    I've been looking at different tilt out storage to go there. They have some the will hold single and two deep clear tackle boxes. I don't see the two deep fitting. I troll big lip diving lures a lot, I'm thinking about making one to hold those.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Shakes_26
    replied
    Hey there Snooking, what would say is the minimum depth there between the inside of the gunwale and where a vertical line drawn down from the inner liner meets the deck?

I'm curious because I was thinking of doing this and maybe leaving a toe kick space but building in a feature above for tackle box or other tool storage.

Leave a comment:

• Snooking
    replied
    Brando
    when you say false transom, are you referring to this section?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• brando
    replied
    Cut back to clear and get rid of false transom support for sure. Snapper and i were back and fourth on who was going to do it first. He went first.

Leave a comment:

• Snooking
    replied
    I'm also trying to figure how I want to attach this forward deck extension I made. I want to make it removable, so I was thinking about making French Cleats out of starboard for it to sit on or make a box for it to sit on.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Snooking
    replied
    It does, I've been thinking about doing it for a long time. Snappergrapper's thread has made the project
    pretty easy so far. I got a good amount of work done the first part of the week. I know Snapper laid in a piece of coosa on the foam and glasses it in. A guy at my local fiberglass supply said to just replace the foam with new closed cell 4lb foam, shape it and glass over it. I've poured the foam and sanded it down. I have to pour some more to fill in those voids. It's really solid but im not 100% sold on this approach. I'm also not sure if I want to leave drain channel in the middle of the floor. I'm trying to decide if I should fill it in and shaping a new one where the floor meets the hull or just leave a high spot in the corners so water doesn't collect.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rustyolddad
    replied
    Feels great to get started on something like that! That should really open up the space in the aft.

Leave a comment:

• Snooking
    started a topic 224 Fish Box Removal

224 Fish Box Removal

So I finally did it. A Makita multi tool with a carbide blade made the removal pretty quick. Now the fun part. To the guys that have done this, did you rebuild on top of the existing foam or did you remove and re foam?
Working...
X