Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z28joe2
    replied
    Swim platforms an outboard bracket are now all soda blasted, will be painting with awl craft 2000 super jet black! Started ripping down the gel with 220 today, made huge progress still plenty to go

Leave a comment:

• Lectro88
    replied
    Originally posted by z28joe2 View Post
    Thank you lectro88 !
    Dammit man that sucks ! Heal up soon
    Thanks buddy

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Thank you lectro88 !
    Dammit man that sucks ! Heal up soon

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    commented on 's reply
    I will post the link below to the feller who made my hatches.
    His Quality was great, prices were fair, turn around time was pretty quick

https://wells-fiberglass-llc.myshopify.com/

• Lectro88
    replied
    Quote;
    z28joe2

Been slowing going unfortunately, been having some health issues slowing me down.

Man, I been meaning to tell you for a long time, Nice work and progress.
    I'm laid up too with a shattered ankle, broke both bones and have the start of a hardware store in my foot. really sux for progress. I'm going nuts in the house.
    Keep after it man. feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• Z-man
    replied
    Z, did you make or buy the fiberglass hatch and lids for the anchor locker, kill box etc. I am redoing a Mako 18 backcountry and want to cut out the a square in the front to install trolling motor batteries in the bow. Have the idea but unsure of the plan and execution to not make it look like a homemade job.

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Was able to get gel sprayed on the interior tonight. Color looks great my body work not so much.. looks like I’ll be doing more body work to straighten out the gunnels. Decided to seadeck the tops/face (bolster) and floor. Not to sure sea deck will hide the crooked lines
    Last edited by z28joe2; 08-23-2021, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Was able to get back to boat work today, we decided To use extra white gel we had laying around as a primer coat to block the gunnels an fine tune befor the final color ! Looked better then expected with minor fairing to do
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    commented on 's reply
    Been slowing going unfortunately, been having some health issues slowing me down. 98% of interior body work is done. Just needs the radius once’d over an it’s ready to paint unfortunately, hopefully I can get a few of my buddies over for a weeknd ti pull up my slack and get it painted for me, I won’t be able to in my current state,
    Did re fit the console to gets feel of the boat before paint. Inner liner should be complete this week as well

• z28joe2
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• joshcom
    replied
    How are how you are making out on this.... one of the best threads I've ever read on a rebuild!!!

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    commented on 's reply
    I was able to lay mine on the hull sides. It was surprisingly Stronger then I expected. (I also cored hull sides an glassed hull sides an floor in at once)

• Lectro88
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good Z.

That’s the same thing I’m going to do with mine later on.
    But I got to get off my @$$ and get a cradle built.
    I just can’t get that high enough on priority list.
    But the cradle I build will be a crate like, so I should be able to roll or stand straight up like rocket with excavator once it’s secured like I plan.

• z28joe2
    replied
    Console face and lounger lid arrived tonight!
    blocking port side an it’s looking better the starboard!🤞started linefile’n gunnel an it’s lookin nice an flat
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    commented on 's reply
    Shoulders and back are feeling it a lil bit for sure. Sucks I burned tru the gel in 3 places, everything else so far haven’t went thin. Was able to do the bow with a 5” soft da pad with 80grit worked a lot of it down an smooth, I have a 1’ dura block ima attempt to do the flair with since it’s on hand.
    The link you attached, those block look like they would form to the flair nicely
Working...
X