No announcement yet.

1978 mako 25 rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks guys. An yea the sanding glass part is miserable 😩 im beyond ready to sand on gel coat. It’s kinda therapeutic after the nasty stuff lol all 25h galling of gelcoat are here as well !!

Under the tank drain to the bilge for anchor locker an front storage hatch, got a buddy to hell me
    carry tank to the boat. Today’s nasty Florida rain this am put a a dampening on my ambitions to boat wrk today so nothing got done 😂 maybe I squeeze a few hrs in tomorrow an get tank set an foamed

Comment

Glad to see the progress. you are doing K.A.. work. (cleaned that up a little bit)

My project has stalled a little, been very rainy and cold in nc.
      I have done some wood prep and indoor epoxy, but will post that later in my project thread.

Comment

Thank you sir !!!

cold, Rainy and boat work do not go hand in hand!! y’all have definitely been getting a cold winter up there!
        im Hopeing for a mild Rainey season here for us, at least the severe thunderstorms an wind with the sideways rain.
        Last edited by z28joe2; 02-14-2021, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Port side grinded flat. Ready for line file n bindo can’t wait to not grind glass anymore

Comment

Almost done with exterior body wrk! Couple hours on the line file an I’ll be perfectly shaped...
            Attached Files

Comment

Did some more grinding an got the Anchor locker buffed an ready for the access hatch to be glassed in.

Comment

Waiting on fish box tub an ancor locker hatch/gutter went ahead an dropped the tank in its final resting place ran and fuel lines...
                one step at a time
                Attached Files

Comment

Hatch for ancor locker came this evening so had to get it glued in place so I can glass tomorrow!! Getting closer to no more glassing! Only 3 more small glass jobs 🙏
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. You are at the point that taking all the extra time to get it perfect will pay big dividends in the future. Once you get paint down imperfections will be amplified.
                    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                    1985 Mako 20c - sold
                    Fort Walton Beach, FL
                    https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

• Originally posted by Sailor View Post
                      Looking good. You are at the point that taking all the extra time to get it perfect will pay big dividends in the future. Once you get paint down imperfections will be amplified.
                      Your 1000% right on that!! The better the body work now the better it will look finished. Debating long blocking the exterior before gel or block the gel or block both. Plan is to take to 1500 dry then wet sand with 3000 an buff..

was able to get the anchor hatch glassed in tonight just got in actually. Put 2 layers of 1.5oz 1708 then a final 1.5oz with adding glass to some low spots.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• The last piece to my puzzle has Ben delivered!! This is the transom fish box/ live well, (main kill box) theres also 2 in floor that are 7’ long! Talking the Everglades to the river tomorrow so Saturday will be the day it get glued an glassed in..... it’s been a long time (June 21 2019 who’s counting 😂) but this is my last glass project
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by z28joe2; 03-18-2021, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Fish box is mached up, an glued an screwed to the 1st layer of 1” coosa, will glue the second to the top as well as glue it all in place then shape all the radius’s for glass
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Weather killed last weekend for boat wrk!
                            Got up early to get fish box an then 2 sheets of 1” coosa that I bonded together this week glued to the hull!! Boat work is gettin cut short today for a kids party! Shapeing an glass Hopeing for tomorrow
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Nice!
                              I like the nice easy profile of transom with the fish box.
                              Ole Joe
                              Just floundering around
                              White Hall, Maryland
                              1978 Mako 25

Comment

• Joe-
                                New to the site (2 months) right after I acquired a 1977 25’. Very impressive work you’re doing. Helpful to see how these old girls were put together. Gonna run her around North of Boston for the season but really want to close up transom possible next winter. Also plan to add a Tee top. Keep up the craftsmanship.
                                BH

Comment

Working...
                                X