Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z28joe2
    replied
    Pulled it out from the cover to see the color in the sun light an it’s perfect, also picked a small spot to hit with 220 an a quick 30seconds with the buffer. Can’t wait to get it all buffed
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sailor
    replied
    Looking good! This is getting into the fun part, when sanding glass is over, paint goes down and the vision starts to emerge.

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Well it’s finally painted!!!! Last Saturday’s weather didn’t wana cooperate and today Weather fought all day, got started at 6:30am extending the tarp/cover to keep the rain out, solved that Proob an got to painting by 11am get a few hrs in to the spray the wind decided to blow had to batten down the hatches to keep the out side from blowing in all while we’re still laying gel, 4 coats on the whole hull, apx 8gallons of gel, can’t wait to pull it out in the sun light tomorrow
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    An hr or two of touch up and some hand sanding in the am an painting should commence by 10am Changed up the color a shade or so an it’s going to look fire 🔥

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Got the boat back on trailer an back under the tent an was able to Started prepping out the bottom.
    Sanded entire bottom with 80grit an line filed the flat areas on the chimes,
    just for the fun of it put my straight bar on the hull to check how flat it was, an I couldn’t believe how close this thing is to perfect with in a 1/8” or less on all the flat areas.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Originally posted by Sailor View Post
    What’s your plan for the bottom? I would barrier coat it while you have it upside down.

I noticed your transom cap doesn’t meet flush to the gunnel. Curious how you are going to address? Or is it just the way the picture is taken?

good work. You will be proud when you are done! And you will itch a lot less too!!

actually haven't put any thought to doing an of a barrier coat may reconsider that before we spray gel.

yes the original gunnels had a taper to them i couldn’t get all the way out, now that the transom cap is on an have that elevation I plan is to layer 2oz an 32or woven as bulk to build those areas up an straighten them once flipped back over!

Leave a comment:

• Sailor
    replied
    What’s your plan for the bottom? I would barrier coat it while you have it upside down.

I noticed your transom cap doesn’t meet flush to the gunnel. Curious how you are going to address? Or is it just the way the picture is taken?

good work. You will be proud when you are done! And you will itch a lot less too!!
    Last edited by Sailor; 04-03-2021, 07:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Rolled the hull today! Bottom looks great minimal wrk to have it ready for paint.!! Have the video posted to the mako boat owners/mako boat owners club page on Facebook if anyone’s on there. The roll went smooth was deff sweating that part of 0 creaks or cracks all my glass work is solid,
    plan is to have place on 1 block high tomorrow an finish the prep work and get the canopy set up as a paint booth, put some Astro turn down so we’re not kicking up any dust.
    my goal is to have it painted with in the next 2 weeks if weather and work allows
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Originally posted by BHMarbleheadMako View Post
    Joe-
    New to the site (2 months) right after I acquired a 1977 25’. Very impressive work you’re doing. Helpful to see how these old girls were put together. Gonna run her around North of Boston for the season but really want to close up transom possible next winter. Also plan to add a Tee top. Keep up the craftsmanship.
    BH
    Welcome the page! It’s a great wealth of knowledge the guys here have gather throughout the years! Enjoy that boat there an get on it often

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20BDBC2F-A518-4BDB-8764-BFB98DB9067F.jpeg
Views:	396
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	550557 Click image for larger version

Name:	79A6CF3C-C94A-4B5F-AB0E-BA55F31FCE77.jpeg
Views:	390
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	550558

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9D88BC8D-3015-4372-B4AA-5B9A79B14E6A.jpeg
Views:	424
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	550553 Click image for larger version

Name:	BE11FC32-0BF4-4090-AA3C-453E6C3D1423.jpeg
Views:	417
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	550555 Click image for larger version

Name:	BE11FC32-0BF4-4090-AA3C-453E6C3D1423.jpeg
Views:	418
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	550554 Just got in from laying up some glass on transom fish box..
    all an all went fairly smooth, was able to get 99% of the air bubbles out corners were able to roll out very nice. Went back an forth on lay up ended up doing 2 layers of 2oz from top of bracket to about 6” above the floor in 1 box pieace. Have a few area I’ll need to add some cosmetic glass to build up to meet the gunnel width and then build the gunnel up with glass for a few ft. Happy with the way it looks, will still do some shapeing and hit with line file.... no more waitin an procrastinating time to roll the hull an prep for paint
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BHMarbleheadMako
    replied
    Joe-
    New to the site (2 months) right after I acquired a 1977 25’. Very impressive work you’re doing. Helpful to see how these old girls were put together. Gonna run her around North of Boston for the season but really want to close up transom possible next winter. Also plan to add a Tee top. Keep up the craftsmanship.
    BH

Leave a comment:

• flounder
    replied
    Nice!
    I like the nice easy profile of transom with the fish box.

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Weather killed last weekend for boat wrk!
    Got up early to get fish box an then 2 sheets of 1” coosa that I bonded together this week glued to the hull!! Boat work is gettin cut short today for a kids party! Shapeing an glass Hopeing for tomorrow
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Fish box is mached up, an glued an screwed to the 1st layer of 1” coosa, will glue the second to the top as well as glue it all in place then shape all the radius’s for glass
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X