Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Made a lil more progress this past week. Bulkheads glassed in
      knees are tied in to the transom! If I get another solid weekend of boat work I’ll be able to do a float test soon!

Comment

Got up an out to wrk on the boat around 6am knocked grinding an last bit of bulkhead fabrication knocked out fairly quickly.. weather was still looking good and had all intentions to complete all glass below deck. (Tank bulkhead, main stringer tie in Glass all cut an ready to go) get there boat vacuumed up an acetone washed areas to be glassed... Mother Nature had other plans an within the matter of minutes the rain came. So decided to template the floor boards and get them laid in place ! Keep on moving forward

Comment

Update.. below deck is nearing complete.. rigging tubes an below drains tomorrow an final prep to glue deck down. In floor Hatches should be complete This week
          as well

Comment

2 below deck fish boxes. Extra large bilge an a front storage hatch.

Comment

Won’t let me upload a video, but hull has Ben soda blasted to remove all the bottom paint.
              some parts have arrived an also decided to do a tru hull anchor which will get a free fall windless

Comment

I'm about to start my own project similar to this on a 71 22b i picked up yesterday. Going to start with removing the floor and taking out all the old foam. So I'm excited to follow along on this to see how the rest of it goes. And awesome resto btw. Post like these are what pushed me over the edge to do my own project. Keep the updates coming because im following it for guidance for sure.

Comment

It’s a big project that’s for sure! Sometimes not fun at all, but when it’s done I’ll sure be a happy feller. soon as the deck is 100% glassed down They say there’s a huge sense of accomplishment.. I can’t wait to get to that point

Comment

Was able to pick up the fuel an water tank! Picking up hatched Thursday an can finally start making some progress

Comment

After seeing the final out come with the roll gel coat I quickly realized it was not up my standards. Was able to get some help for a buddy who’s a master finisher at whaler to come by an give me some spraying gel lessons... after laying in 3 heavy coats of gel. Was able to bust out the line file an start to knock the gel smooth. Hoping to have the below deck all sanded up to 1000grit an buffed by the weekend. (I know a lil crazy to go nuts finishing blow deck)

Comment

Cut the hole an mached up the tru hull anchor still have some Minor tweaks to get it perfect, also mached up the Windless mount, still have some prep grunting an get it ready to glass In then spray some gel in entire anchor locker.

weather struck again wasn’t able to glue the floor down.... in floor boxes as well as bilge are sanded to 800 an buffed will get some good photos to update!

Comment

Not the best photo. Buffed the bilge smooth an shiny was the goal

Comment

This is going to be awesome, I can't wait to see it progress and how it turns out. Keep it up, hopefully down the road I can do a full rehab like that on mine.

Current
                            '76 Mako 25 w/ '10 Yamaha F300
                            Previous
                            '85 Mako 21B w/ '94 225 yamaha
                            '73 Mako 19 w/ '96 112spl Evinrude
                            Brick, NJ

Comment

Originally posted by fandarr View Post
                              This is going to be awesome, I can't wait to see it progress and how it turns out. Keep it up, hopefully down the road I can do a full rehab like that on mine.
                              It’s a lot of of work that’s for sure but definitely worth it! Boats come a long was so far but still a long way to go to completion. I’d definitely recommend tackle a project like this under cover working with the elements definitely sucks An have slowed me down.

Comment

How much height did you add to the floor? I think you need more flotation in the bracket if you are going to run twins. Progress looks good.
                                1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                                1985 Mako 20c - sold
                                Fort Walton Beach, FL
                                https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Working...
                                X