Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoleLock
    replied
    Damn Joe....my shoulders and back ache just looking at all the sanding you've been doing.

The Dura-Block sanders are great to work with and provide a good backbone for covering the large flat areas of the hull sides.

When you get to the flair at the bow you may need to use a sander that is more flexible... I have had good results using "Soft-Sanders in these areas. They work great on high contoured surfaces.

Here's a link if you want to check them out...happpy sanding my friend

https://www.tptools.com/Extra-Long-S...ocks,3176.html

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    a lil bit of both... line file then 2’ torcher board... so I took a few steps back today cause I was not happy with the exterior after a 800 buff was to wavy for me so broke out the 80 grit an the torches board this am went to town. Found quite a few lows an and a huge high we missed when doing body wrk so Put a pause on interior For today. Ima chalk the exterior paint up to a “primer coat” an use it to get it perfect and Repaint all at once.... if I don’t fix it now I know I’ll be pissed off down the rd seeing the water shine off the hull side looking like a fat wrinkled ass 🤣

Originally posted by Slack Tide View Post
    Are you doing it all by hand? Torture board? D/A ? Pneumatic board?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Slack Tide
    replied
    Are you doing it all by hand? Torture board? D/A ? Pneumatic board?

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    commented on 's reply
    It’s a lot but sands really good, this is crestomers poly fair. 80grit knock it down pretty fast luckily, went heavy In hopes to do a nice sand/shape once with minimal touch ups

• z28joe2
    commented on 's reply
    No doubt there. The excitement level is pretty high. I can’t wait to see the interior painted.

• Slack Tide
    replied
    That looks like a LOT of sanding on that skim coat! Love how this is going to turn out.

Leave a comment:

• Sailor
    replied
    It’s a great feeling to start to see it come together. Caution to not get overly excited and cut corners! Do it right do it once.

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Finished a small spot on the exterior.. 400/800 buff

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Chases faces are glassed! Have gunnel tops in the rear to do tomorrow to Level them out then sand all the bondo... trying to paint interior Saturday minus floor
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Starting interior prep! Bondo skim entire gunnel !
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Didn’t get any many photos an videos from the roll was all hands on deck operating the 2 machines an tractor!! Used a sling at 2 points an steady with excavator and lifted with skid steer got up to a safe point on the sides to block an reset sling an machines to complete roll, then was able to lift entire boat to back trailer under!! Now the body wrk to start on interior

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Picked up some motor today, there gona get some well
    needed love and gone tru to clean everything up at my buddies shop. Possibly Replace all the elc parts just so I know tbere all new as a Preventative maintenance measure
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Gave the bottom a wash an started polishing with the first step , have a few imperfections/blemishes in on the fence about repairing, I mixed up my gel paste a lil to dark an it shows tru,

Leave a comment:

• z28joe2
    replied
    Decided I wasn’t comming in today till the bottom was done and buffed, has a buddy come by around noon an jump on a DA with me an took it to 800 an then buffed with aqua buff 1000 still have to polish it an debating To ceramic coat the bottom
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PoleLock
    replied
    That's progress...gotta feel good to see it one color....keep at it!

Eric

Leave a comment:

Working...
X