No announcement yet.

251 Complete Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you planning to keep the good part of the stringers?...they look OK from here
    [/URL]

Comment

No, the stingers are coming completely out and being replaced with full height composite stringers. I was really surprised that the stringers were in such good condition even though the boat had been completely water logged for so long.

Comment

She came back from the sand blasters, bottom paint and hillsides blasted back to the original gel coat. Cant wait to see her with the new paint!

Comment

She came back from the sand blasters, bottom paint and hillsides blasted back to the original gel coat. Cant wait to see her with the new paint!

Comment

Now that is a big change[:0]. Looks great.

Comment

Any updated pics???

Comment

No updated pics yet. I'm working overseas at the moment.

Comment

Ok BF be safe over there, I looked at your boat on boattrader lots of times after buying mine and love to see it being given a new life. come take a ride in Estero when you get back, my suzuki is getting rigged the week of xmas and hope to splash by new years! if everything that im reading about this hull/motor combo is true, we are both going to be very happy!

Comment

Where are you located? Wouldn't mind getting out.

Comment

Im in Ft Myers. Im taking off the week between xmas and New Years to work on rigging, windlass, trim tabs etc. but plan on spending several days on the water if everything goes well.Have you bought your Suzuki yet? I dealt with The Boat place in Naples and got a fair deal.

Comment

Well turns out that "working overseas" is Afghanistan and in stuck here until early spring. I did put a $100 down to get my name on the list for show pricing for the zuke at the Ft. Lauderdale show. The boat is a bit backlogged right now at HHH but its not a big deal, not like i can use it anyway for a few months. I've always been interested in the western Florida grouper fishing, I'm gonna have to link up with you for that.

Comment

Thanks for your service, your hull looks to be in capable hands.

Merry Christmas.

BWP
                          [br]Starcraft Bluewater 180, 1988[br]1996 Mercury 115 2+2 exlpto[br]Project Link: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46572

Comment

No problem on the grouper fishing, Im setting up my boat for bottom fishing with a free fall windlass and large removable bait well. My son is a CCT and just returned from his second deployment there, so I know what a shithole your in right now. Be safe and we will drink some beers and talk Makos when you get back!Happy Holidays,steve

Comment

Few updates: The guys pulled the new transom cap from the mold and are grinding away.

Comment

Looks good. They do nice work.

Comment

Working...
                                X