251 Complete Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 251 Complete Rebuild

I bought this EX FWC Mako 251 last December and work has kept me from being able to make any real progress on her. I met with Heath, the owner of HHH Boatworks in Homestead Florida and we came up with a plan of attack. The good news is that I weighted the boat and trailer at the Cat Scale and will be able to see the difference before and after the rebuild. The weight was 8440lbs (Boat, Trailer, HPDI's, and 180 gal of Fuel).

The plan:

Remove Cap

Replace stringer (full height, Foam core)

Replace and enclose transom (Foam core)

Replace deck (Flat deck, no wood)

Remove inner liner (Support top cap I.E 3 piece boat)

Replace fuel tank ( 151 gal Cap)

Strip bottom paint ( VC epoxy hull bottom)

Strip decks and top sides ( Repaint)

Add flotation bracket

Plumb deck for 40 gal Leaning post/ livewell

Replace Cpak console ( Console w/o front seat)

Repower (Single Suzuki 300)

Heath will be documenting the entire rebuild with photos as he does with all of the complete rebuilds that he does. I will keep the board updated on the progress. Heath is a great guy and has thus far been very reasonable and honest with me. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone in the south Florida region, check his website out at www.HHHboatworks.com

My twin HPDI 200's are also going up for sale in the near future, If you are interested feel free to get in touch with me.

Pictures:

Taking her away!

Work Started bright and early the next day:

Goodbye Cpak!

Wow, I thank your hull is in good hands. Close to Homestead

Reserve AFB? I guess your going newer power, cool.

Good luck with build.

BWP
    [br]Starcraft Bluewater 180, 1988[br]1996 Mercury 115 2+2 exlpto[br]Project Link: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46572

Comment

Their shop is in the redlands off US1, yes I'm switching up to a single 300.

Comment

Just curious, I used to deliver to BJ's clubat midnight.

Plenty of deliveries to Homestead as well. This siteis awesome.

They let me on! I do however no a former Classic Mako owner.

BWP
        [br]Starcraft Bluewater 180, 1988[br]1996 Mercury 115 2+2 exlpto[br]Project Link: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46572

Comment

Know! See above. OOPS!

Comment

I was eyeballing that boat online last year. looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
            1992 261

Comment

I also met with Heath about doing my 254. Great guy. I just had to put the boat on hold until I got my house sale and buy done. Are you going flat floor all the way to the nose? If so, would you be interested in selling the forward hatch doors? They appear to be the same as what is currently in my 254.

1983 Mako 254/1999 Sport Nautique GT-40/1997 Sea Doo GSi/ 1984 Surf Jet

Comment

Love the plan and can't wait to see this progress.
                \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
                \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

I'll talk to Heath and have him put the doors to the side. I don't think we will use them so if that is the case you can have them for free + shipping.

Comment

More Progress made today removing the fuel tank! Notice the fish boxes that were blocked off in the mold when this beast was originally build for the FWC.

Fuel Tank Hatch off:

Broken free!!:

A little higher!:

Goodbye crusty ole 200gal tank!:

Empty Coffin:

Comment

this is going to be a great rebuild. I'm going to be watching for ideas tk use on by 254 thanks for posting
                      http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z172/viewme07/the%20ol%20mako/20120403_181911-1.jpg[br]84 254

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BadFish261

I'll talk to Heath and have him put the doors to the side. I don't think we will use them so if that is the case you can have them for free + shipping.

I appreciate that. I am back and forth to the Keys all the time as my parents have a house in marathon so I will swing By and pick them up if that is ok with you and Heath. It is going to be a while before I get mine done but these will be a perfect start to getting "original" doors back in mine. Somebody did a homemade job prior to me buying the boat. Just let me know when they will be available and I will get down there and get them out of the way

Thanks Again

Comment

Badfish I sent you an email earlier today, let me know if you didn't get it

Comment

Didn't get it. Oddly enough heath and I are both in Canada but not in the same spot. I havent been able to figure out the hatch door situation yet for you. Should know more early next week.

Comment

Not a problem My brother will be in Miami next week if it works out great, if not I will get down there another day thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X