Mako Flats 16.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako Flats 16.6

I just recently joined the Classic Mako Owners Club having bought a a 1993 flats boat about a month ago and look forward to sharing what I am doing to the boat. I saw an ad on Craigs list, the wife my step son and I went to see the boat just north of Key West and bought it on the spot, after a little nerve racking drive back to Miami with the some what rickty trailer and no tag we made it home.

The first few days were spent cleaning it up, doing some bypass rigging to check the 115 Yamaha and deciding on a plan of attach

The transom and stringers appear to be good, the fuel tank which was one of the first projects I got into needs to be replaced, no surprise there except that it was in very good condition with only one small area of corrosion. After some consideration I`v decide to go the all the way with new paint job, the gelcoat is not bad but faded and any repairs hard to match if not impossible, with the glass repairs and modifications I want to make painting is my best option.

I will post pictures soon

Congratulations and welcome!
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

My first attempt at photo bucket

Comment

Thanks Sailor.

I`m just trying some more pics , to be honest I find it a lot easier to work on the boat than do stuff on line

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Foam cleaned out, holes where foam was poured glassed over, sanded and a fresh coat of gelcoat rolled on to clean it up.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Out with the copper tubes and epoxy in fiberglass replacements to avoid water pentration in the transom

Comment

Some much needed help

Comment

I'm assuming you are repainting? Love the picture of the helper. He will remember this for the rest of his life. [)]
                          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                          1985 Mako 20c - sold
                          Fort Walton Beach, FL
                          https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Yes repainting, just finished redoing the hull deck joint this afternoon, I`m going to let the 5200 cure for a couple days and pressure wash the bottom paint off on Saturday, it looks like it will come off easy as it was not sanded or primed prior to being painted.

I`ll be painting with allcraft 2000, thinking, stark white bottom, cap and deck and the sides Ice Blue

My helper, my wife`s youngest, I bring him into the shop for a few hours on Saturdays to learn whats involved and give him a few tasks,

Comment

Laminating the screw holes where the Mako emblems were removed

Getting the bottom paint off

Comment

Working...
                              X