No announcement yet.

Beeze455's Mako 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of people just leave em out. Those V-4's tend to overheat...I've heard due to the water jacket design around the block...you'll definitely get better water flow without the thermostats.
    [/URL]

Comment

• I messed with the motor over and over again and decided to just buy a working motor during the winter. Now its is winter and I am poking around.

Comment

• Grabbing an updated 1998 Evinrude 150 this week. Should be on the water in a few weeks with very minor things to do.

Comment

• The guy sold the motor on me, so I bought a 1997 130hp Evinrude from the local dealership today. Time to dig the boat from winter. Only one more snowmobile trip.

Comment

• The guy sold the motor on me, so I bought a 1997 130hp Evinrude from the local dealership today. Time to dig the boat from winter. Only one more snowmobile trip.

Comment

• Boat is running great. Finally happy to enjoy all the work.

Comment

• Hey Beeze...congrats on getting it done!! Though you never really are....good to see an old classic back on the water again
                [/URL]

Comment

• That is for sure Farley. I am tinkering here and there, but mostly enjoying it. Very happy with many of my decisions. It sits great and goes great.

Comment

• She's a beaut! Looks really good
                    Justin[br]1976 MAKO 19[br]BALTIMORE,MD[br]

Comment

• Nice work man!
                      [/URL]

Comment

• I had a lot of issues with Evinrude last summer. I bought it from a dealer in Maine and it never ran right at low RPM. I brought it back, but they made me wait 3 weeks. I got it back and was still garbage and said I needed to wait until August. I found the rectifier was bad, the carbs where 10 years older than the motor, the jets where way off, the water pump was not done like promised. This spring I bought a parts motor thinking the stumbling was from electronics, but after swapping coils, power pack, VRO, stator, timing base, air hoses, two sets of carbs all cleaned, throttle bodies, reeds, plug wires, plugs again and gapped, compression check, fuel lines and fuel I gave up and paid a pretty penny to have a mobile marine guy come out and take a look. Well, the ticking I heard from the beginning and showed them a video of day one was not the timing like they said.... it was a rod bearing. I am pretty upset with Bamforth Marine in Brunswick, but lesson learned.

I got a Honda 130 now. Pics to come soon and am very happy. Heck with Evinrude and their crappy dealer.

Comment

• This Honda is so smooth and quite. T-Top is an unknown, but fits great and was a $250 craigslist find.

Comment

• Beeze....glad to hear you are are pleased with the updated Honda motor.

Looks good at rest in the water... [8D]

Thx for sharing...

Eric
                            A wise man once said, "Son... if it has tits, tires or a transom... sooner or later it's gonna give you problems." -the old man

1972 Classic Mako 19
                            https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...t-squot-ole-19

Comment

Working...
                            X