still not in water yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still not in water yet

thought i'd pass this on.last year had lower unit rebuilt on merc 150.asked gent to replace water pump at same time.after three weeks got my boat/motor back.very happy.everything seemed great.unit shifted fine and judging by box of destroyed gears,bearings,sprag and dog clutch thought i'd gotten my monies worth.oh by the way told him to replace water pump also.got billed for it.finally got boat in water on 5/17.jumped on her at 9 pm to start her up and check.you guessed it.no water coming out exhaust or pisser.well since it's been over a year i figured to do it myself since my marina said it would take three weeks.took lower unit off and removed water pump.the impeller had about an 1/8th inch of vanes left.nothing like getting ripped off.thats what i like about this site.if you want it done,do it yourself!!got finished today and begged guy to get me in for memorial day.no gaurantee's he said.very busy.if i only had a trailer.sorry to write so much.
    CATCH22-GARY shark river n.j.

So tell us....who did(nt do) the work?
    1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

anglers marine in seab bright n.j. just goes to show,that if you want something done and done right you better do it yourself.
      CATCH22-GARY shark river n.j.

Comment

Working...
      X