17 mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 mako

Hey boys, first time posting a message. Looking to buy a new boat, needs to fit in my garage, so no larger than a 17foot and might need the trailer to be cut. Looking to fish the flats down in the Keys as well as Flamingo. Would also like to be able to handle some chop. Looking for a Yamaha or Suzuki engine, preferably four stroke. Having been looking thru some used boats for quite some time. I have stumbled upon a 1986 Mako 17 foot. It is powered by a 115 hp Suzuki four stroke. The engine is 2001, with 120 hrs. Love the engine, and the age of the hull doesn't worry me to much. Trim tabs, Depthfinder, radio, etc. included. New steering (No feedback) was installed. The seller is located in Key Largo. Asking $9500. Wondering if the price is good? Any suggestions, warnings, etc? Cannot find the specifications on this boat? Any type of information would be extremely helpful? Boat also has a poling platform. Thanks guys From Coral springs, Fl

Mako 171 Standard

17' - 0"

7' - 2"

7"

12 Degrees

20"

1400 lbs

35 Gallons

Comment

Thanks. 1400 lbs is pretty heavy compared to some other 17 footers. That is just the hull?? I appreciated the info.

Comment

Also, there is no livewell on the boat, so how much to build one? And is this built with wood in the hull? Thanks

Comment

What do you mean "How much to build one"?

Comment

What I mean is to have one professionally installed.

Comment

Hi SL,

My boat weighed in at 1050 pre refit and now weighs 1120. That is pretty light for a 17 footer. A little weight in the 17 is nice. As far as a live well, there are a lot of good portable units out there. My boat has 2 wells with jets and I still use my portable about half the time simply for ease of cleaning and because I fish off the bow a lot. If you look at my boat in the project section maybe you can get some ideas. Im refiting a 17 standard too.

Comment

Working...
              X