cockpit light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cockpit light

does anyone know where I can find a lense for the cockpit lights used on older makos. Same lights have been used from the 70s to about 98. thank you

whould that be the lights on each side of the console? I am replacing mine, maby I can help. I have a '76 25' CC I assume they are the same as yours, if so I can send you one.
    1976 25\' Mako CC \"Makoritaville\"[br]1986 48\' Viking \"Tight Spot\" [br]197? 14\' Mitchell \"Tender Spot\"[br]Biloxi, MS[br][br]

Comment

Carpetdiem,

What are you replacing them with? I'm thinking of going with the led style lights. I have not actually seen one working. I wonder if they provide as much light. Anybody know?

Tom
      Tom[br]Pompano Beach, Florida[br]1976 25\' Mako[br]

Comment

Yes, though expensive, the LED lights are made to fit most standard AC or DC light bulb sockets now. They are as bright (and brighter in some) and, of course, they nearly last forever without burning out.

A site I recently stumbled into:

http://www.theledlight.com/

I hope this helps.

-Pat.
        18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

Interesting, but I was talking about a whole sealed led fixture that would be about the same size as the light fixture being removed.

I've seen the round and I've seen them in a bar format (kind of like on the sides of your trailer).

I did put the led lights on my trailer and they worked fine. (until I backed over a post and killed one, which BTW you can't get buy just 1 tail light, you have to buy another kit).

Tom

Comment

You have to know where to shop to just but one trailer light. I know Mahoney's in Tampa sells singles and all the other parts to the kit separately. Sorry I can't help with the LEDS. I can tell you that I will be replacing mine in toto because they just looked like shit and were all cracked.
            1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Ts- I am not shure what I am going to use, Hella makes some cool lights. Most of them are smaller than the hole in my comsole, I may put a small teak plate over the existing holes. I just need to make shure that the teak sticking out will not be a knee buster [B)]. I am pretty shure that the t-top support will prevent that.
              1976 25\' Mako CC \"Makoritaville\"[br]1986 48\' Viking \"Tight Spot\" [br]197? 14\' Mitchell \"Tender Spot\"[br]Biloxi, MS[br][br]

Comment

I can get a single trailer light, just not an led one.

I decided to go with the leds after I replaced the lights, used it once and parked it for a year. The next time I used it the whole insides were gone. I hate screwing with the trailer. I'd rather be working on the boat. I always seem to be messing with the trailer the night before I'm going somewhere with it.

Tom

Comment

Quote: "I always seem to be messing with the trailer the night before I'm going somewhere with it."

Murphy's Law!
                  Ole Joe
                  Just floundering around
                  Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania
                  1978 Mako 25, Sold

Comment

I bought the trailer LED's from Champion Trailer in Slidell,La. They are seperate.

http://www.championtrailers.com/LED_LIGHTS.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X