Another cool graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another cool graphic

Give me some feedback... I'm still working on it.

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Looks good, I just noticed it in your sig over at THT. I see I am not the only one not sleeping tonight.

I don't feel like I am qualified to be critical here, an artist I am not, but there is something about the background.....maybe the tree line.....I don't know.

My first impression was that I liked it though.
    Larry S. - Fort Pierce, Florida[br]23 Contender

Comment

Its my night to stay up late. It is a tree line in the background. But in this lineart form, it looks more like a jetty or even a mountain range. I'm the farthest thing from an artist, but I'm doing my best. Glad you like.

Comment

Another revision:

Comment

Ed, NOW YOUR TALKIN!

That looks great. I like it much better than the other one, if for no other reason than you cant see any of those damn brackets, and thats my boat.

If I were to nitpick I'd say lose the treeline....but beyond that, looks great, PRINT IT and tell us how much!
          1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

Without the treeline

Comment

like it better without the treeline --looks more krisp-- the boat in the backround looks good... maybe have a cuddy with a tower for some of us cabin guys???

Comment

I like it better with the tree line.

To me it doesn't look like a tree line, rather a beach line with Seaoat's growing on it.HeHe

We don't have tree's on our beach's here, but we do have SeaOat's and they are protected. Don't get caught picking those suckers.[]

Comment

There ya go...guess your not going to please everyone, but I like it without. Maybe you southern boys recognize it, but just looks like clutter or a bad attempt at a cloudline to us Yankees
                  1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

HeHe makorider you make me laugh. Hehe[]

Comment

I like this alot. Especially the second verison. For a bit of distinction I would add a Mako walk around cuddy as the background boat . Seriously, I think it would look cool and yopu can show more than one type of Mako.

Rick

Comment

Here is the progress on the walkaround that I'm going to add inthe background. It is the best shot I could find of a walkaround model on the water. I would rather one with a hardtop and all the goodies, but I can't find one... nor can I draw that on a boat that is not absolutely perpendicular to me... I have to eye for that kind of stuff.

I still have to draw in the bowrails better and spruce up some of the bimini poles and stuff like that.

Anyone who has a good on-the-water pix on a Mako Walkaround with a hardtop... Please send it to me.

Otherwise:

Comment

Great work Eddie. I assume you've already looked at the Texas Mako owners site and the Minnesota owners site. Must not be too much dental work going on today! Also, I was looking at some pix you posted and saw one from Dulac. I thought I was the only one crafty enough to find that place. I went there long ago while in college and fished for trout and reds from a jonboat. We killed em. It was 1985 and 4 of us caught 150 fish in a weekend(that was legal then). I remember seeing a dog house with the name "Fideaux" and got a good laugh.
                          Houston, TX[br]1975 Mako 23

Comment

Yep, I've been to Texas Mako Owners page a few times. They have so nice features. I have a link to thir page in our links section.

I grew up about 18 miles up the road from Dulac (Houma). I spent my formative years fishing Cocodrie/Dulac. I haven't been that way in a while, but it would all come back quick. The Fideaux dog house is a classic. You run into some real characters down that way.

I still work in Houma, but I'm looking to have my own practice in the Slidell area in the next 2-3 years. I take most Fridays off since I do so much driving during the week.

Back to work on this Mako walkaround graphic.

Comment

I may try to draw a hardtop onto the hull instead of the bimini.

Comment

Working...
                              X