1988 -17' Mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 -17' Mako

I have owned this boat for 18 months and have really enjoyed it, Last week I noticed a discoloring on my boat cover and determined that it was fuel seeping out of my fuel tank overflow outlet.Has anyone had this problem and if so what is the solution.

It's expansion in the fuel tank and it burps out the overflow. If your using the boat regularly, fill it in the morning before you put it in the water.

Comment

Same boat same year, but I have not had that problem. I thing its a lot cooler here in the NE. I agree it is probably expansion.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by warthog5

It's expansion in the fuel tank and it burps out the overflow. If your using the boat regularly, fill it in the morning before you put it in the water.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by warthog5

Thanks warthog...seems odd that I did not have this problem all last summer...there is not a lot of leakage but sure as hell stains my cover

Comment

Working...
          X