Oh No !!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh No !!!!!!!!!

A risky thing I am about to share[^], I am sure it will bring all kinds of kicks in the azz[B)]. I am almost ashamed to post it[:I]. I will though....just to share that we all make errors and don't pay attention to detail[].

I posted (few weeks back) about the fact that my '88 21 would do 40 MPH at 6000 Revs with a 14 1/4 x 21 SST. It cruised at 4800 RPM @ 30 MPH[?].

We all didn't want to belive this, I bought a new prop, and a new tach. No avail[!].

Last week the motor '92 225 OMC started acting a little funny, wouldn't idle down..........I replaced the stats, thinking maybe they were not allowing the motor to get warm enough to kick out of Quick Start.....nope, took to wrench, in 5 minutes he says bad QC sensor. Replaced sensor......perfect[]. Took the boat out for a water check yesterday and it is just purr fect[]. Was running along and guess what I see [8)]........................

THE FRIGGING GPS IS SET TO KNTS AND NM !!!!!!![:0] Well that is that. Reset to MPH and SM, new figures are:

Cruise 4000 Revs, 28 MPH.

WOT 6100 Revs, 48.4 MPH

Makes me feel so stupid....but so good[xx(]. This helped my gas milage too !!! As I was diniding my GPH into Knts not MPH.

Went from 2 MPG at cruise to 2.57 !! Using the right numbers. [][8D]

Yes, that thought had crossed my mind, but I figured that you were on top of things. Those numbers are right on the money for the boat.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Oh, I was on top of it all right.........if it were a snake...............[:I]

Comment

Don't fret... We've all been there in one way or another. Its the guys who have the balls to admit to their faults/follys that are the real men in the world. []

Comment

Its a funny thought that all this time, you've been zipping along on this Mako... anywhere from 35-49 mph... And you've been saying to yourself.. "Man! this sure doesn't feel right for 39mph!"

Hehe! 39 mph never felt so fast!

I loved the feel of my boat at 45+mph. She really felt alive. Never dangerous... Just really fun to drive.

Comment

Eddie I'm just hoping I can hit 45mph. HeHe We'll see in a few months.

Comment

You should be able to hit 45. Everything Ive ever been told was that mono hulls are faster than kat hulls, and that kat in the pics I posted earlier will hit 50 with a light load. Loaded it will do about 44-45. But then again, that 20 more hp and they are Mercs.[]
              [br]Keys to Life:[br]Life is all about ass; you\'re either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.[br]www.kjndiver.org[br]Orange, TX / Lake Charles, LA

Comment

Working...
              X