mako 2004 212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mako 2004 212

anybody see the new 212 at the boat shows? I placed an order for mine in late november what do you think? was told by mako rep there was 41 orders before mine would be built. went with the 225 evinrude. anybody have any questions about this boat I can probally answer them

I've only seen a few pics of it. Honestly I like the direction they went with the boat. They added beam and got rid of that stupid notched transom. I'm not a eurotransom fan, but its better than a notched transom. It doesn't look like there is a ton of room behind the leaning post, but there isn't much in any 21' CC. Where is the livewell located? Whats your take on the boat?

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

livewell is located at full width transom seat on port side with bildge access to starboard,center section has access plate and removable panel for complete bildge access.other things I like about boat are large head or dry storage in console with front access door there is about 5 feet of storage under foredeck,dual batterys are in console in seperate cabint, clear windshield,reccessed trim tabs,all composite construction and mako quality.great website Ill be the first to buy a sweatshirt.

Comment

Just went to the factory Mako site. Boy they have alot to learn about putting pix's of their product on the web. You really can't tell much about them.[]

Comment

Thanks, I'll let you know when we have some ClassicMako propaganda made up.

It sounds like Mako has made some improvements in accessability on this model. I hope they get their act together putting some quality back into their boats... But I doubt it. They'll still be over priced... I'm sure about that.

Mako's webpage sucks, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Their attitude towards customer service sucks too. Its a crying shame.

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I talked to factory reps at the fort lauderdale and new york boat show not the dealers.mentioned that there website stunk,they said first priority was getting new factory organized then beginning in 2004 new website updates.mako only builds 9 models plus 3 inshore models for 2004.IN the 2004 catalog it mentions in one sentence ourowners funament weekends ,dont really know whats thats about.before I ordered the 212 I called the factory for A few questions that my dealer already answered but was just double checking actually got through on the second ring and all my questions were answered. If any body cares Ill keep you posted on my new boat experience, Ill be keeping close tabs on it up to delivery in the spring.

Comment

Yes gcli56 It's valuable imfo for how the dealer did you and how the boat is. It's a given that you might be a little biased. HeHe Proud Papa's usually are.

But anyway post the good, bad and uguly of your experiance.

There is alot of folks here that like to take a older boat and tear it apart. "Make it better". HeHe

It's not for everyone. Some just want to fish and don't want to be bothered with a rebuild.

Now I'm one that has turned down fishing trips to stay home and work on my boat, by myself. Is that sick, or what?

I haven't really touched mine since last Dec 2002.

I pretty much burned myself out. I workrd on it every hour I could in 2002. I did build a whole other boat this year through. []

So now I have 3 boats. 1 for backwoods 1 for the bay and when I finish this Mako it will be for offshore.

Comment

we're waiting for the arrival of our new Mako 212, we actually bought in the begin of '03 the 221, and we had a few defects from the factory and after various discusiones they decide to change the haul and offered us the new 212, we've been waiting for it since Oct'03. We are looking foward to the wider beam and the encloused head, but we are waiting to actually see it up close...

Comment

JCM, Talked to my dealer monday my 212 is supposed to be delivered middle of march I dont know were you are located but most dealers have a 212 on display by now. what options and power did you go with? what defects were with the 221 hull?

Comment

gcli56,

We're in Nicaragua, We recieved news yesterday that its already in port, we'll probably be recieving it next week. We got it with all the options, T-top, leaning post, encloused head, spray hood, and for power we have an optimax 225, on the 221 we've had excelent reponse in economy and performance.

The defects have been mostly stress marks and cracks in the gel coat inside and and the bottom there are a couple of cracks in the hull around de corners, and our worry was that it could go all the way through. After a couple of meetings with the rep down here they decided to change the hull and they gave us the option for the new 212, which we acepted. We're looking foward to the new hull and hoping that we won't have any problems, giving that we are very happy with the way it rides and for fishing it is very comfortable.
                    quote:

Originally posted by gcli56

JCM, Talked to my dealer monday my 212 is supposed to be delivered middle of march I dont know were you are located but most dealers have a 212 on display by now. what options and power did you go with? what defects were with the 221 hull?

Comment

jcm, sounds like mako took care of you. let me know how it rides on that first sea trial and what you think of the boat. It would be great if you could post pictures. good luck with it

Comment

We're happy with their reponse.

As soon as I get some pictures, I'll post them
                        quote:

Originally posted by gcli56

jcm, sounds like mako took care of you. let me know how it rides on that first sea trial and what you think of the boat. It would be great if you could post pictures. good luck with it

Comment

The Mako boats that have been going out of the plant since the beginning of this year have increased in build quality tenfold. A lot of things have been done here to make sure that the quality customers expect from the Mako name is there.

Comment

The excuss we got for all the problems with the boat was that our particular boat was one of the last to come out of the old factory and I guess they didn't pay much atention to detail or anything else for that matter. But I have to admit that they stand by their product and make sure that the customer is satisfied, I guess if we would have gotten any other reponse, we would have given them hell.
                            quote:

Originally posted by Ntrain2k

The Mako boats that have been going out of the plant since the beginning of this year have increased in build quality tenfold. A lot of things have been done here to make sure that the quality customers expect from the Mako name is there.

Comment

jcm did you get the new boat yey?

Comment

Working...
                              X