This has got to be a Mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has got to be a Mako

I found this in the FS classifieds section. It looks like an old Mako 25 or 261 that has undergone some major surgery:

Description

26' Concept Offshore CC - "Fully Loaded" Twin 200 Offshore Series Merc's w/ SS Props, Bennett Trim Tabs, Crow's Nest, Taco Outriggers, Lowrance Sonar, Lowrance Global Nav 310 DGPS, Interphase Loran, Apelco VHF, AM/FM Cassette with New 6X9's, South Florida Aluminum Tri-axle Trailer, Custom Cover, 30 gallon in floor round livewell excellent for pogies all day, Great Condition and just add water for upcoming tournament season.

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

The windshield surely makes one think so.
    Goldsboro, NC, USA

Comment

And the console...thats a 25.

Interesting though...the liner seems to have been cut out.
      1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

The hull and center console look just like my 254.The inside has really been changed?

GulfBreeze Fl.

[8D]
        Gulf Breeze Fl.

Comment

Ya know.....I think I saw one of those yesterday in Duxbury, MA.

I think someone splashed the Mako hull and console. If you look closely, I dont think that is an official Mako windshield.....I think someone made it to look like a Mako windshield.

Ed

Comment

Nice boat nevertheless![8D]
            18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

I think it's definitely a 25. The hull and sheer are identical to the 25's. The pic looking down on the console shows how narrow she is. Can't be the 26. Got to be 8' beam there.

Looks like the liner was cut out to provide toe room - Not a bad idea. The front benches were cut out and replaced with a coffin - I like that too. Nice custom, nice boat!

And you know all the waterlogged foam got pulled out when they re-decked her.
              Ole Joe
              Just floundering around
              White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
              1978 Mako 25

Comment

I agree that the console is off a 25 Mako but the hull is definitely a 26' Concept. The hull is a lot racier than a Mako very low freeboard at the stern. I tried to talk someone out of buying one once.

Comment

Could be, I've never seen the 26' Concept. The reason I tagged it Mako was because the cap at bow the and the wash boards have the same profile and sheer as the 254 and 251. But, looking at her again, the toe rails are different and the sheer drops more at the bow - not Mako.
                  Ole Joe
                  Just floundering around
                  White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
                  1978 Mako 25

Comment

Working...
                  X