Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest Mako owner....

Well...

I made the move and bought the 26' Mako inboard that I was talking about. I went for a ride on it today and it was very sweet indeed. With the two new engines maxed...we were moving at 37.5 knots! A comfortable cruising speed around 4000 rpm was 33.3 knots. (I will probably cruise around 3500 to 3800 rpm, or around 30 knots...for the most part). I think I opened Pandora's box...as I am already shopping for the electronics that I want to add for the fishing season. As soon as I can get the pics downloaded....I'll do so. Sure am grateful for this website!
    [br]26\' Mako w/Twin inboards[br]Corpus Christi, TX

Cant wait to see detailed pics. Welcome to the family. dave.
    [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Stx,

Let me add my welcome to the site... [][8D][]
      Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

Welcome,

Glad to see another from the Lone Star State.
        Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

Congratulations!!! That is a great boat and glad to have you here on CM. We definitely need pics soon!
          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

I was able to get this pic today after I brought her home...(she doesn't have a name yet). Here she is !

Comment

The top of the Tuna Tower was not attached yet...too high for trailering. Will attach and get the pics.

Comment

Awesome boat. Performance sounds right on. What props are you running? My boat is turning 17"x17"s. My top end may be 1or 2 kts higher but that's about it. At 2500RPM I can run 22.5-23kts. Good slow cruise or kick it up to 3200 or so for 30ish kts. Be glad the boat came setup for trailer use, installing a bow eye requires some cutting in the cuddy and some contortion acts.
                1981 238[br]1976 26 Inboard[br]1981 21 [br]Lenoir City TN

Comment

The seller said that the boat had smaller props with V6 engines that it previously had. He mentioned that he put some Bertram props...that are quite a bit bigger and that made a huge difference in the cruising speed whenever the new V8 engines were installed.

Comment

welcome aboard. boat looks great.
                    Slim[br]Lafayette [br]1973 19-6 Aquasport[br]An a few Makos[br]

Comment

Welcome aboard. I also live in corpus. Looks like you're out on the island. Will that tuna tower fit under the Packery bridge?! ;-) Hope to see you on the water. My 17 is a little less complicated than your 26, but it keeps me in trout and redfish ...
                      Corpuscruiser[br]Northern AL[br]\'94 171

Comment

Yes...it does fit under the Packery Channel bridge. The bridge has a clearance of 20 to 22 ft. The tower is around 14 ft. high. Looking forward to that first run into the Gulf...hopefully the channel will be completed by the fishing season.

Comment

Working...
                        X