My fill hose is too short...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fill hose is too short...

they read the wrong measurement and welded the fill tube 3 inches further into the tank... can I use a connector piece of pipe to lengthen the hose??

Jake the answer is yes, but I don't like the idea of not being able to check the conections. You will be creating another chance to have a leak.

I would suggest that you coat the hose with some Peremetex #1 on the inside when you make the hook up.

We don't need to have a leak that you can't find.

Comment

thats for sure... this is the third time in 1 year that Ive had the deck/console off the boat! My '72 now has a new tank, new hoses,new wiring, new hydraulic steering, a new/leftover 2000 J225 and some new fiberglass on the deck. Hopefully no problems for a little while[]

Comment

thanks for the advice warthog!!

Comment

Jake, who's they? Try getting them to fix it.
          \'81 21\' CC Mako[br]Beaufort, NC

Comment

I agree, it sounds like it was their mistake. You paid for a custom tank and really didn't get what you paid for. They should correct it.
            1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

I'll call them monday, Atlantic Coastal Welding, Bayville N.J.

Comment

If the fill hose connection is 3" too far into the tank, wouldn't that cause a problem for filling it? If I had to guess, you'll have to slow the gas flow way down to top it off.

[?]

-Pat.
                18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

The fill elbow itself is 3 inches too far towards the center of the tank.

Comment

They made the mistake...let them fix it. At the very least they should buy you a new fill hose so you don't have to piece it together.
                    Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

Working...
                    X