Erin England's 224???? on stock and custom page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erin England's 224???? on stock and custom page

In the intrest of accuracy the boat pictured in the Stock and Custom pages of this site under Erin England's 224 is clearly not a Mako 224. I am not sure what model it is but I am positive that it is not a 224. You can tell by the console and the anchor locker. The 224 has a distinctive 2 piece hinged console.

I think it is a 221.

Good eye. I just caught that when Eddie and I got our email working the other day. It's not a 224. Trying to deternine based on serial # and mako website's specs for 1988 model year. They didn't make a 221 that year. Measures approx 21-6" by my tape so 21B could be right.

Comment

Good eye. I just caught that when Eddie and I got our email working the other day. It's not a 224. Trying to deternine based on serial # and mako website's specs for 1988 model year. They didn't make a 221 that year. Measures approx 21-6" by my tape so 21B could be right.

Comment

Yes, the console threw me for a loop too. I'd like to see some pixs of the interior (Cockpit) and then I could make a positive ID on what model the hull really is. The forward storage and casting deck area is going to be the dead giveaway. Look at some pixs of the inside of my boat and see if they match up.... Somehow that boat got a C-pak console. Must have been an option in the late 1980's. If there is no step-up (in floor rod lockers) in the floor next to the console then its deffinitely not a 224.

The 221 didn't have that same aft fishboxes that our 21B and 224 Mako'd had. The lids of the fishboxes were flush with the top of the inner liner/washboards.
        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Eddie,

I am going to send you sme pics of the cockpit

Comment

Working...
          X