Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for push-button type circuit breakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for push-button type circuit breakers?

Saw them in the West catalog, with boot they're $17 ea. We all know how West and the like price things. Anybody have any other sources??

The 26 is being pulled out of its cozy barn this weekend, time to get to work!
    1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Hey Makorider-

Forget buying those things from West Marine.

If you look at the pictures of my boat posted on this site, you can see that I bought an original Mako 282 circuit breaker panel from Marine Connection Liquidators for $120. It was almost an exact fit for the original opening in my 231. Not sure what your original panel looks like on the 261, but thought that I would throw this option out there for you.

Ed

Comment

Yeah Ed, looks to be the same.

I've allready added switches, LEDs on top to illuminate the new plate I had engraved, and the whole thing has allready been painted black to match all my trim.

I guess it comes down to whats cheaper...I would like to find them cheaper, I know they exist somewhere!
      1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

Hey Ed, after looking at your switch panel I called Marine liquidators yesterday and asked if they did have any switch panels like yours, they did but they quoted me a price of 169.95 which didnt sound so bad compared to the panels i have been pricing. I would like to know if the panel is wired up already and if you think it is worth this price.

Thanks
        Tinys Mako 21[br]Slidell, La

Comment

Slidell, We're practically neighbors. I got my push button breakers from Boaters World for about $7 each. I'll have to look around, but I know I've seen them in some of my catalogs.
          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

$169????

They'r trying to pork you. I bet if you went there in person and just poked around and asked how much it was, they would quote you a lot less.

Regardless, the entire panel was fulled wired on the backside and included all of the breakers too. Since my boat does not have all the accessories (yet) that are listed on the panel, I did not have to wire up every switch.

In my opinion, it is the best upgrade I have made on my boat to date.

Ed

Comment

Ed, I thank you for the information and i would like to go down there with a boat load of money to get all i need for my mako 21 b,because my boat is striped down to where the motor and steering wheel is the only things left on the boat. I am in the process of having it sanded and painted and after that i am going to rewire it completely and do a few other modifications and still am hoping to have it fishing ready by early summer.

Hey ringleader I am the big guy that stopped by your house a year or so ago and said how much i liked your web site, and your boat.
              Tinys Mako 21[br]Slidell, La

Comment

I figured that was you... We ran into each other in Home Depot a few months back as well. Hope the boat comes out well. Good to have another local on the Forum as well.

My boat is at a complete standstill. I am swamped with house building stuff right now. I'm hoping that in the next 3-4 weeks I can break free from the full weekends of work and get something done with the boat.

Comment

Here you go... I knew I had seen them at a reasonable price.... $5.00 each isn't too bad.

http://www.iboats.com/mall/index.cgi?prod_id=2899

Comment

Working...
                  X