Cracking around in deck livewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracking around in deck livewell

Hey guys, this weekend I am going to look at a '76 25 that I am considering. The seller has provided many detailed pictures of the boat and overall it's in great shape for its age. However these cracks around the livewell are concerning. Mind you I have not seen the boat yet but based on the picture how would you go about fixing these? Seller claims the floor is not soft, which will find out over the weekend. I guess I am just trying to figure out best case scenario and what to do if it's an easy fix, and what the worst case scenario may be if the deck is soft around that area. Thanks for any input.

Current
    '76 Mako 25 w/ '03 300 Yamaha HPDI
    Previous
    '85 Mako 21B w/ '94 225 yamaha
    '73 Mako 19 w/ '96 112spl Evinrude
    Brick, NJ

The balsa wood core under the deck is wet and the floor needs to be replaced. the gelcoat is cracking due to the flexing of the floor. The livewell is glassed to the bottom of the floor and not supported any other way so it is happens over time.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Yes, the core is rotted. Although in that area it's likely plywood, not balsa.

The entire floor is surely wet, given age of the hull.
      ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Ugh, well I kind of figured that. I am not exactly in a position to take on a project of that size at the moment. Fast forward a few years if my kids were a little older and I had some more time that may be a different story. May need to re-evaluate this one.

Current
        '76 Mako 25 w/ '03 300 Yamaha HPDI
        Previous
        '85 Mako 21B w/ '94 225 yamaha
        '73 Mako 19 w/ '96 112spl Evinrude
        Brick, NJ

Comment

Working...
        X