Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988Mako230
    replied
    I made new sliders out of straightened PVC pipe. I used a heat gun to first flatten the half 3" length of pipe, then to form it to the slider.

Leave a comment:

• 1988Mako230
    replied
    Great job! What did you seal it with?

Leave a comment:

• umachme
    replied
    I'm doing the same thing with my Grady. Might make my own or modify something like this.

http://www.toddusa.com/productdetails.aspx?id=205&f=54

It is aggrevating with that thing clanging around. I just wet sanded and sealed my seats.

Leave a comment:

• 1988Mako230
    replied
    Do you have a picture from the web of one? I've searched and have not found any mounts that look like this. They were once common.

Leave a comment:

• cgmiller
    replied
    some of the new mounts have nylon inserts that slide in the brackets..they are probably worn away.

Leave a comment:

• APMako22
    replied
    Not sure what 'new' was like, but my seats are the same bracket and very sloppy as well. I figured it was deliberate that they would slide fore and aft.

Of course my seats are also so corroded to the posts they won't budge a hair. When seated I can face any direction I want, as long as its forward.

Leave a comment:

• 1988Mako230
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by keyman

Form what I recall there should be a spit nylon ring sleeve within the seat socket which slides over the pedestal post,

A sleeve on the pedestal? The female socket isn't sloppy on the pedestal, rather that socket plate moves back and forth, side to side, within the square frame.

Leave a comment:

• keyman
    replied
    Form what I recall there should be a spit nylon ring sleeve within the seat socket which slides over the pedestal post,

Leave a comment:

• 1988Mako230
    started a topic Seat slop

Seat slop

Are my seats missing a nylon spacer or slider? The sliding portion is sloppy within the frame section.

Side to side movement amount:

Working...
X