Seat slop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat slop

Are my seats missing a nylon spacer or slider? The sliding portion is sloppy within the frame section.

Side to side movement amount:

Form what I recall there should be a spit nylon ring sleeve within the seat socket which slides over the pedestal post,
    Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by keyman

Form what I recall there should be a spit nylon ring sleeve within the seat socket which slides over the pedestal post,

A sleeve on the pedestal? The female socket isn't sloppy on the pedestal, rather that socket plate moves back and forth, side to side, within the square frame.

Comment

Not sure what 'new' was like, but my seats are the same bracket and very sloppy as well. I figured it was deliberate that they would slide fore and aft.

Of course my seats are also so corroded to the posts they won't budge a hair. When seated I can face any direction I want, as long as its forward.
        1972 Mako 22[br]1979 Mako 25

Comment

some of the new mounts have nylon inserts that slide in the brackets..they are probably worn away.
          Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

Do you have a picture from the web of one? I've searched and have not found any mounts that look like this. They were once common.

Comment

I'm doing the same thing with my Grady. Might make my own or modify something like this.

http://www.toddusa.com/productdetails.aspx?id=205&f=54

It is aggrevating with that thing clanging around. I just wet sanded and sealed my seats.

Comment

Great job! What did you seal it with?

Comment

I made new sliders out of straightened PVC pipe. I used a heat gun to first flatten the half 3" length of pipe, then to form it to the slider.

Comment

Working...
                  X