Fuel tank builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank builders

Back in October I get 3 quotes for a fuel tank build. 2 in NJ (local) and 1 in Florida. 2 are very close in price one is high. I used the website tank estimator for the initial quote.

I then did my own finalized drawing with all dimensions and mounting tabs. Sent that out.

I decided to go with NJ builder, spoke to the fabricator on the phone to confirm pick up tubes run to the back of the tank and exit the front , like original design. Every thing was good to go ,sent email to start and I never here back . I call no return call. Plan B. contact Fl builder . I always send an email but they always call me , which is ok but they never verified my drawing . One of the ladies calls ,I call back and she's not in. The lady that did answer the phone said another lady or the First Lady would call back either that day or the next. Never happened.

Im not naming names or badmouthing anyone but I think you can figure who Im talking about.

I really wanted them to build my tank.

So now I have an email into the the 3rd builder hopefully they can get this done.

Anyone have any other tank builders they would recommend. Builders in NJ would be great but Im willing to have it shipped.

Best in FL IMO is Mattson and Company in Tampa. Did my tank on my Mako and the bracket on my Grady.

Comment

Sunshine Marine tanks in Florida. Factor $10/gallon roughly last I remember them running price wise. They can even have it coal tar epoxied for you and delivered. I'm sure they probably have the original dimensions for your specific boat on record anyway. They have been servicing the old mako restorations for years.
      1990 - 261 [br]1968 -19 (First 40)[br][email protected]

Comment

Sunrise Marine Tanks in Venice FL built mine. I think may be related to Sunshine Tanks.

Had it built w/in a week & I was completely happy. I Coal Tarred it myself,

but would have paid to have it done (MESSY)
        1984 Mako 228 w/ 175hp E-Tec [br]1983 SeaRay 26\' Sundancer w/ 454 Big Block spinning Volvo DuoProps (Sold)[br]1989 Wahoo 17\' CC w/ 88hp Evinrude (vacationing in Key West)[br]

Comment

Where did you get the coal tar??

quote:

Originally posted by Holgatelbi

Sunrise Marine Tanks in Venice FL built mine. I think may be related to Sunshine Tanks.

Comment

Sunshine marine tanks in Fl, they will also CTE your tank
            David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

Just had mine built at Sunrise in Venice last week and the guy is Really good.... had the tank built in 3hrs and flawless. Yes, Sunrise and Sunshine tanks are related.... cousins.

quote:

Originally posted by Holgatelbi

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mywifeispist

Where did you get the coal tar??[quote]Originally posted by Holgatelbi

It was about $120/gallon from Grainger, delivered to your door.

Comment

Working...
                X