T-Tops__Stryker Dolphin or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Tops__Stryker Dolphin or?

Looking at T-Tops, Stryker and Dolphin are having a good black Friday sale. Any preferences with either or some other brand?

Happy Thanksgiving!
    1973 Mako 22, 1982 200 HP Johnson[br]1986 Bayliner 3270 Motoryacht, Twin Hino Diesels

Custom or none.

Comment

don't like the lines of the stryker's,not sure if it's the curves? on some boats they look ok, some they look like they just don't belong

Comment

I haven't seen a T-Top in a box yet that looks like it belongs on the boat it was installed on.

Comment

I agree with mako224. Get one made or find a used one that fits your boat. the boxed kit t-tops just don't look good IMO.
          quote:

Originally posted by mako224

I haven't seen a T-Top in a box yet that looks like it belongs on the boat it was installed on.

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

the quality of the welding and anodized aluminum on the box ttops looks real nice, and maybe they'll be better one day but I like I said before they just look like they don't belong?They don't come close to following the lines of the boats they are on. I can spot one a mile away

Comment

I have the Stryker on my 20c and the weld cracked in month. Seems to be an issue. i had a local welder fix it and add 4 stand offs. Functions well now, and still much cheaper then a full costume, but definitely a hassle. The dolphin looks to me as if it is manufactured in the same factory in china as the stryker. all there products are almost identical. I would imagine they would have similar issues. Stryker was nice enough to extend me a $100 credit to cover the cost of the weld repair.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ddd222

like I said before they just look like they don't belong?They don't come close to following the lines of the boats they are on. I can spot one a mile away

Ditto on the I can spot one from a mile away comment. They just look like garbage and scream that the boat owner probably doesn't have a clue. Personally I think they hurt the value of the boat that they are on in excess of the cost of the top.

Comment

thanks for all the comments, very helpful !
                  1973 Mako 22, 1982 200 HP Johnson[br]1986 Bayliner 3270 Motoryacht, Twin Hino Diesels

Comment

Working...
                  X