25 console front seating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 console front seating

Hey guys, I have been tossing around the idea of getting a new boat for some time. One of the models I am considering is the older 25s I really like the forward seating it is great for the family. One thing dont like is there is no seat in front of the console, my kids love sitting there. And there does not seem to be enough room to put a cooler with a cushion there. Anyone come up with a system to have some sort of folding bench seat or something similar there?

Current
    '76 Mako 25 w/ '03 300 Yamaha HPDI
    Previous
    '85 Mako 21B w/ '94 225 yamaha
    '73 Mako 19 w/ '96 112spl Evinrude
    Brick, NJ

The 254 of the 80s had a forward console seat. I agree it's the best seat in the house.
    ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Take a look at the Bulls Bay 230 and 200. They have a folding seat exactly like you're talking about on the front of the console. Shouldn't be hard to source that seat hardware with a few calls.

Comment

I am adding some Birdsall Marine backrests to my 25 so people can lounge on the seat facing forward on my 25 project.
        Steven Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Comment

The 254 is a great boat and I like how it has a reputation of being a drier ride, but I like the forward seating that the older 25 provides when I am taking out the family and kids and their friends. I will look at those suggestions you guys gave, seem viable. Last night I just googled a folding bench seat and all the stuff was junk or ugly.

Current
          '76 Mako 25 w/ '03 300 Yamaha HPDI
          Previous
          '85 Mako 21B w/ '94 225 yamaha
          '73 Mako 19 w/ '96 112spl Evinrude
          Brick, NJ

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Prater

I am adding some Birdsall Marine backrests to my 25 so people can lounge on the seat facing forward on my 25 project.

That's what I'm doing too. I grabbed some backrests from Greatlakesskipper and the mounts from Birdsall

[/URL]
            [br]Michael R. Delgado[br]1972 Mako 22[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15745[br]1976 Mako 25[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18013&SearchTerms=mako,25[br]

Comment

Would live to see a picture of a completed installation for this. That would be almost as nice as a potty to my wife for our twenty five.
              1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Comment

Working...
              X